Hey guys and girls

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Hey guys and girls

Post by Pours on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 am
([msg=71804]see Hey guys and girls[/msg])

I'm new here and would like to say hello and give my reasoning for being here, knowledge is a great thing and i have zero knowledge about any types of hacking, i wouldn't know where to start even. I come here wanting to gain knowledge (I was originally going to ask if anyone would be willing to teach me and who wanted a apprentice, or, in failing that, i'd be happy to pay for their services, hourly rate or whatever) After reading many posts on the forum though i see that's probably not going to happen.

I'll keep searching over the site and try my best to teach myself, that seems the way you people like it. It all seems like a foreign language at the moment though so any tips for a 100% new to this game guy would be highly appreciated.

I have a job (Carpenter) and work away from home a lot and have plenty of spare time on my hands when i am at home, would like to learn something with my spare time. I sit at my computer 100% of the time when i'm not away from home so i'd like to master it i guess.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated no matter how small. Feel free to shout at me if i've posted in the wrong place or asked for anything illegal (don't think i have)

I'm cool as a cucumber and can take a good shouting at! Thanks.
Pours
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hey guys and girls

Post by pretentious on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:27 am
([msg=71805]see Re: Hey guys and girls[/msg])

Pours wrote:After reading many posts on the forum though i see that's probably not going to happen.

You did your research ;)
welcome to HTS, enjoy your stay.
I'd suggest learning html and taking a crack at the basic missions to start with. When in doubt, check out the forum thread for the mission
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Pours on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 am
([msg=71806]see Re: Hey guys and girls[/msg])

Thanks for the advice and point in the right direction. Very much appreciated.

http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/

I'm away and off with the studying already! Wish me luck.
Pours
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 pm
([msg=71810]see Re: Hey guys and girls[/msg])

Welcome. I moved this to the NZone as this is an introduction thread. Like others have pointed out, this site has a plethora of resources. Feel free to join us on irc as well.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here in the forums but try and make sure you look around for the appropriate section. ;)
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:07 pm
([msg=71850]see Re: Hey guys and girls[/msg])

I'd also like to mention the search link at the top right. Sometimes you could find a better answer searching than posting and waiting for response.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone