Cloud anything blows

Data that travels over the air and how to protect (or decipher) it

Cloud anything blows

Post by Cerebral Bore on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 pm
([msg=71688]see Cloud anything blows[/msg])

Cloud computing of late seems to be just a way to steal everything from everyone best i can tell on the privacy topic,i see feu redeeming quality's about cloud anything unless of corse you want to make a dark bot cloud then np.

for only $50 you can set one up with stolen credit cards and DDOS anything on the net gone...yay

all the CORP crap heads seem to want to do is steal your HDD and add it in to the cloud,cloud being little more then a distributed computing model like a cluster computer setup with clients being little more then dumb terminal "thin client" and the cloud is the mainframe server were you have no rights of any kind,just read up on mega upload on this topic to see what i mean.

then theirs the "cloud" anti virus topic,most of late being pure spyware as far as im censored .

SOOOoooo what do you all think about how the cloud topic is going of late.
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cloud anything blows

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:00 pm
([msg=71692]see Re: Cloud anything blows[/msg])

The cloud is extremely useful. Dropbox, linode, Amazon ec2, Google drive, all great services. I don't get what you mean about DDoSing for only $50 though.

As for cloud antivirus (Panda comes to mind or VirusTotal) those are very useful services that are definitely not spyware.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Cerebral Bore on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm
([msg=71701]see Re: Cloud anything blows[/msg])

fashizzlepop: I don't get what you mean about DDoSing for only $50 though.

$6 to kill a internet site for 2 hours.....
DEFCON 18: Cloud Computing: a Weapon of Mass Destruction
link

Don't know anything about virus total, ill research the topic and get back to it at some point.
Panda cloud AV i know all about, by using it you agree to allow them to collect the following.

* CPU parameters (name, technical description, current and maximum speed, number of cores and logical processors full hardware stats.
* RAM parameters (total and available at the time of scanning physical and virtual memory).
* Operating system configuration (name, version, build, installed service packs, boot mode, current account privileges—user or administrator—, regional settings).
* Information about other installed anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall and all installed programs.
* Information about threats found by Panda cloud AV (type and name, type and name of infected objects, actions applied to the objects and, if necessary, their file hash).
* Overall Panda cloud AV scanner statistics (scanning end time, total files and objects scanned, number of suspicious objects, number of detected malicious programs of each type).
* Overall statistics about actions applied by the avast scanner (number of objects to which no action was applied and the number of cured, deleted, moved, renamed and ignored objects and full behavioral statics about every option you click on in the app.
* full contents of everything on your herd drives in hash format.
* full surfing habits, any place you go on the internet they know.
* permanent up-link to their servers.theirs no way to dissable this as far as i know.
* your now part of their AV botnet and your computer is now their personal server.
* and more

Click on next.
AGREE ?
-----------------------------

As for your rights when you use cloud anything, you have none,by uploading anything it is no longer your property,
if they don't want to give it back to you they don't have to and if they look at what it is you uploaded, good luck trying to prove it or know about it.
ps Only US Law Applies.

US Government's Attack on Cloud Computing laws
But in addition, the government's approach should terrify any user of cloud computer services—not to mention the providers. The government maintains that Mr. Goodwin lost his property rights in his data by storing it on a cloud computing service.

link

Privacy Issues related to Cloud Computing link

wiki Thin client info

Ps their no need for anything AV wise to be connected in real time to anything on the net,everything can be done in offline mode only as it was done for years as well my self i only use full offline installers and updates.
Link scanner is pointless as well,it just data mines everything you do online.
my self i use a IP blocker for that use.
My policy is simple... block all .
only 3 ports are open atm {53,80,443 + multiple back to back firewalls and IDS} and only 5 TSR's are camping the network stack besides the web browser, worse still is 50% of what camping my network stack all the time doesn't need to be.
tnx micro $oft.

might as add as well that breaking a bot-cloud is the same as breaking a botnet...their more or less the same in meany ways depending on the setup of cores.
yay link

Edit: added final comments~fixed one broken link "EEF"
Last edited by Cerebral Bore on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:28 pm
([msg=71703]see Re: Cloud anything blows[/msg])

Cerebral Bore wrote:DEFCON 18: Cloud Computing: a Weapon of Mass Destruction
link

Nice link. I hadn't seen that before. They did spend 30$ to set it up though. I don't think that the site that was down was very powerful though. A site like HTS might not be taken down by something that cheap. Also, as soon as amazon finds out you're screwed and probably prosecuted.

Don't know anything about virus total, ill research the topic and get back to it at some point.
Panda cloud AV i know all about, by using it you agree to allow them to collect the following.

Panda might collect a lot but you can limit some specifics. Also, they don't receive any personal information as you've mentioned and their AV database is always extremely up to date and the program leaves a very small footprint due to it being cloud based. I personally am not worried by what it collects as it also helps the company build their database further.

As for your rights when you use cloud anything, you have none,by uploading anything it is no longer your property,
if they don't want to give it back to you they don't have to and if they look at what it is you uploaded, good luck trying to prove it or know about it.

That's why you don't choose sheisty providers. Someone like amazon or dropbox have strict features in place that prevent them from accessing your files. Of course putting anything online is slightly dangerous.

only 3 ports are open atm {53,80,443 + multiple back to back firewalls and IDS} and only 5 TSR's are camping the network stack besides the web browser, worse still is 50% of what camping my network stack all the time doesn't need to be.
tnx micro $oft.
Seems a bit overkill. Most people don't need a software firewall past their home router.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Cerebral Bore on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 am
([msg=71707]see Re: Cloud anything blows[/msg])

Agreed my network setup is over kill hehe but im just getting started,ill start a new topic about some of the ideas i have for the new network defense system "not for basic home use" that i have in mind for the future.
ver 2.0 ;)

As for panda well the problem is its not open source so who knows for shore, all that leaves us with is what others like them have done in the past and their word.
I don't know about you but my self i can't stand to see one more Google leaks emails or face book sells data to 3rd party's stink out their.
And its not just them its everything of late, the privacy invasion topic is going overdrive.
you'll have to forgive me but when it comes to the privacy topic iv seen things go from a blinking box to win8 and were privacy invasion in computer science was nothing but a tap dripping noise ~ now its like someone luffing their ass off in all our faces with a megaphone at 105db.

fashizzlepop:
Nice link. I hadn't seen that before. They did spend 30$ to set it up though. I don't think that the site that was down was very powerful though. A site like HTS might not be taken down by something that cheap. Also, as soon as amazon finds out you're screwed and probably prosecuted.

Theirs ways around that problem but i wont get in to it, and ya your right but that's all ways the case if you go their and get nailed red handed.
I remember hearing a nice little quote from some ware at one point,when going down the road of revenge dig two graves,seeing as one of them is for your self.
And one nations terrorist is the others hero, it all comes down to who wins when everything is said and done seeing as the winners write the history books.
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User

Return to Networking