Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Mallux on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 am
([msg=71656]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings HTS.

I've spent the last few days checking the forum out, and now I fell certain enough that I won't make a complete ass out of myself. :P

I recently realized that I wanted to study computer science at the university, and a few days ago i stumbled upon HTS. I realized that this site was a great oppportunity to get my hands "dirty" so to speak, and start learning about programming languages, and how browsers, network and security systems worked. I've tried and done the first few missions in you basic mission line, and was instantly hooked and intrigued and I'm eager to learn more. I hope one day that I will be able to contribute to later newcomers, like I feel HTS has already done to me.

I'm sure that you are going to hear a lot of questions from me and I hope they won't be too much of a nuisance!

Looking forward to learn
Mallux
Mallux
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Threethumb on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:13 am
([msg=71657]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings.

I've sought this place out with a cause, I have a personal vendetta to settle. I am not aiming to do anything illegal, rather, my vengeance has an ethical background.

I used to be a member of a website, which it is I will not reveal, nevertheless it is a website where you pay a monthly fee in order to receive the beneficial help of its owner. I was deluding myself, thinking that one day I'd master things and improve my life, but all the while I sparked an interest for Astronomy. Carl Sagan was a natural point to visit with this newfound interest, and he got me thinking. His advocacy of skepticism and scrutiny, made me think again about this website I was on. I got curious... do we have anything else than convincing words, a promise and a few anecdotes to prove the validity of these benefits? I couldn't see any proof of the results that would be produced, so I decided to just ask about it instead.

I was met by a shitstorm, just by implying doubt I was verbally attacked and was called "stupid and delusional" for even wondering about if there was any results he could show me that came from his course. I tried again to imply that I was only wondering, I wasn't saying "I want results now!" Yet still he persisted in telling the world of how I was delusional and didn't know anything simply for alluding to the possibility that the product he is selling might not be as super-effective as he claims. He then banned me without forewarning and told everyone I was a coward who ran away. I didn't run away, I was banned.

So it dawned on me, his handling of the matter showed that he is in fact scamming us all. He is fraudulent as fuck, he's made people spend thousands of dollars, and several years, and in reality they have nothing to show for it. They have received nothing. So in my anger, I decided that I am going to put an end to this scam. I want him to wake up one day, to log in and only find a blank page with some text telling him that his scamming days are over. He uses an external hosting server for this, so all the files of his website (apart maybe from some backups) are stored in a way that makes them accessible online. He's not savvy in these things at all, so I know with enough knowledge that I'll find a way to breach through the security.

I'm not doing this out of indignancy, I'm doing this for the sake of all past, present and future victims of his scam. No longer shall he be allowed to do this, justice will be served.
Threethumb
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm
([msg=71672]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Because you didn't reveal the site, I'm sure you've read the ToS. Good luck on getting the guy.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Threethumb on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm
([msg=71680]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:Because you didn't reveal the site, I'm sure you've read the ToS. Good luck on getting the guy.

I have indeed, but if I hadn't I'm sure my common sense would have allowed me to avoid painting such a morbid picture of this site, and then give out details of the site on a forum of this nature. I think it's more than enough that I do my thing, he doesn't need an army of black hats after him as well! (Not implying any of you are black hats, but you never know who's reading).
Threethumb
New User
New User

Post by Cerebral Bore on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:49 pm
([msg=71682]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

old school computer user here,when i started computers had 64k ram or less and 1mhz cpus or less.
ya long time i know think apple ][ + black and white video pong.

freelance computer hardware tech,expert over-clocker, rude video game skills and i only play the hardcore games, most gamers are nubs and i still have my atari 2600, gray hat ,working on going network privacy,security admin pro atm.
got blasted by a hack attack about 3\4 of a year ago that totaled all computers and servers at my end costing me piles of $$$ ~ don't bother asking how or why im not in to talking about it.

bin a network admin,server admin,forum admin,moderator,clan~guild leader founder,more.

think P-dos attack "death attack" :twisted:

Expert Rage hacker

that woke me up something fierce and im on a mission atm to one up my skills that have bin lost sadly, what can i say ~ windows makes you retarded and don't even get me started in vista,win7 or win8....trust me ill start rageing ^^

that's about it i guess...see you out their...

Edit:update

Just have to clear something up,hacker alignments are so limited as to be pointless. well its better then nothing.
When i said gray hat i meant to say, gray hat with white hat tendencies meaning lawful neutral with lawful good tendency's.
AD&D on this topic is light years more advanced ^^ just swap out the hat colors for alignments and you get the point :O)
Ps black hats are chaotic evils.
http://easydamus.com/alignmentreal.html
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User

Post by flyinbryan125 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm
([msg=71775]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello, I'm Bryan
27 years old
Very interested in web development, and have a few site going.
My goal is to understand security exploits so i can stop them before they happen.
Nice to meet you all!
flyinbryan125
New User
New User

Post by pickles0703 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 am
([msg=71780]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Greetings!

I am a web developer at Indiana University. Please do hack IU lol
pickles0703
New User
New User

Post by Santa_Knows on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 am
([msg=71856]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone. Happy holidays. I am not a christmas nut, I just made my name the first thing that came to mind. I kind of like it now ha.

I am 20 years old
I attend West Virginia University where I am majoring in International Studies with a focus in International Security and Diplomacy.
Not really sure what my overall career plan is, just enjoying the ride at the moment.
Love to travel. Volunteering for 2 months this summer in South Africa, and in the process of applying to study abroad in Milan, Italy next fall.
Love everything about sports. Huge WVU and Pittsburgh Steelers/Pirates/Penguins fan.

Have been interested in computers and technology for awhile but sports dominated my life up until this point. Decided to finally take the time to dedicate myself to learning more about it. My mind is already blown with HTML and creating documents :oops: ha. (Not going to lie, I felt pretttttyyyyyyyy awesome after I found the first password)

Very eager to be active because of the true feeling of a helpful community that has been displayed here.
I am a social butterfly so feel free to message or chat me up. I am all ears.

Would also like to thank HTS and the administration for making this site what it is. I am very excited to learn.
I look forward to meeting you!
Sincerely,

Santa_Knows (;
Santa_Knows
New User
New User

Post by NoobAnonKS on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 am
([msg=71909]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey everybody
I'm 28 and was an HTS member years ago when I was studying computer science. Financial circumstances caused me to be expelled, however and I gave up on it for a while. I am fluent in html and css, and have a good understanding of python. (meaning I can write simple applications but for complex ones, I always need to refer to a tutorial again).
I'm here because I am now learning PHP and JavaScript and would like to network to help me learn faster.
My goal is to eventually become somewhat of a web programming / security professional. And I would also like to eventually contribute to this wonderful site and help other noobs.
I hope I don't get on anyone's nerves with my questions and such. 8-)

Just would like to point out that, although my username has "anon" in it, I am not a member of anonymous in any way. I do however support their ideals. Also kind of a fanboy of #KnightSec and their human rights operations. But mostly I'm just a 4chan /b/tard :lol:
NoobAnonKS
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 pm
([msg=71973]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome to HTS! Worship the knowledge!!!
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to NZone