some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.

Put your programming skills to the test in these challenges.

some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.

Post by patchw0rkm0mmy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 am
([msg=71442]see some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

one of the missions has a 3 second timer. (i can't remember which one it is.) seems slightly excessive!

maybe it's just a sign that I'm getting old, because the programming part isn't the part I have trouble with. I just can't put the answer in fast enough. I can't keep up with the young whippersnappers. ;)
patchw0rkm0mmy
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.

Post by Assassian360 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:01 am
([msg=71443]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

It just means you have to make your program automatically submit the solution. Or have it automatically place the solution into the answer box on the web page.
Assassian360
Poster
Poster

Post by Amazingred on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 am
([msg=71446]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

That is most likely WHY there so quick as you go on. I've already done a bunch of the missions from the first time i was a member here and since I rejoined I wanted to make it a bit more challenging so this time around on the challenges that involve any kind of coding I'm trying to go max features and make the login/access/work/submission/navigation/etc completely automated instead of just writing a code that will just calc what I paste into it for each challenge.

Dealing with scraping the page info and getting the output you want is usually more frusterating than coding the evals that solve the missions. I've never had an issue with the clock since by the time I tune the ins and outs to where i can submit correctly there's always plenty of time left but I sometimes have to keep reminding myself that I am trying to brush up on a few things while I'm here because I have occasional urges to chuck my computer into oncoming traffic.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by weekend hacker on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 am
([msg=71455]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

I'm choosing to read this thread as you guys saying we are doing a great job on forcing you to learn new and possibly tricky things. Thanks guys! We'll try to keep up the good work. ;)
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Amazingred on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 am
([msg=71457]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

Thats exactly what I'm saying. Thats what I'm here for.....doesn't mean i have to like it all the time tho lol.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm
([msg=71460]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

However, an easy way to circumvent that is to just copy+pasta the entire thing.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by patchw0rkm0mmy on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:19 pm
([msg=71461]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:However, an easy way to circumvent that is to just copy+pasta the entire thing.

yeah. i trieed that. programming mission #4... or maybe it was #6 literally has a 3 second timer. it's not even long enough to copy pasta.
patchw0rkm0mmy
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:49 pm
([msg=71464]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

well if you're too lazy to add networking, your app could check the copy pasta(I'm hungry) buffer and change it to the correct value on copy, so you can copy, and right away paste the proper data. Should be doable in 3 seconds
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WallShadow on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:33 pm
([msg=71466]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:well if you're too lazy to add networking, your app could check the copy pasta(I'm hungry) buffer and change it to the correct value on copy, so you can copy, and right away paste the proper data. Should be doable in 3 seconds

Sounds even more fun than the networking.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by patchw0rkm0mmy on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:22 am
([msg=71471]see Re: some of the timers on these missions seem insanely hard.[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:well if you're too lazy to add networking, your app could check the copy pasta(I'm hungry) buffer and change it to the correct value on copy, so you can copy, and right away paste the proper data. Should be doable in 3 seconds

Ohhhh yes! That will give me something to do in hospital when I'm stuck in bed. :D
patchw0rkm0mmy
New User
New User

Next

Return to Programming