Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by limdis on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 pm
([msg=70633]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

HiPERnx wrote:Is the PM down or is it just me?

Need two posts before the PMs are available. You should be able to send them now.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by EcceGratum on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 pm
([msg=71297]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

3x guys: experiment, regex, excel
Some basic missions took me days, this one took me 20 minutes cause I know excel and basic regular expressions which help me load ciphertext into excel
EcceGratum
New User
New User

Post by ja1994 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm
([msg=71417]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Hi,this is my first post,I have completed all basic missions and first 5 realistic missions without anyone help,I have found a way to decrypt this massage but I just want to know is it good.Can somebody who already finished this mission tell me does this massage starts like this:Saouel SmithCRLFCRLFTh
I hope this is not spoiler.:)
{edit}:No need to answer,I have found mistakes,because I am doing this manually there are some mistakes (I haven't calculated numbers correctly) :oops: .
ja1994
New User
New User

Post by Amazingred on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 am
([msg=71452]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

You can only get so far here without knowing how to write code anyway so for those of you who see this my advice to you is if you don't know how to program now is the perfect time to learn. You can know the fundamentals of python in a week or two and it'll launch you into a whole new direction on these missions.

...Just sayin....
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by EcceGratum on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm
([msg=71507]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Amazingred wrote:You can only get so far here without knowing how to write code anyway so for those of you who see this my advice to you is if you don't know how to program now is the perfect time to learn. You can know the fundamentals of python in a week or two and it'll launch you into a whole new direction on these missions.

Nope. I solved this with my clipboard, a find&replace and an excel table, where I used SUM, AVERAGE, and eventually subtraction. Oh, and one more function I'm not going to tell.
EcceGratum
New User
New User

Post by katsi on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:57 pm
([msg=74496]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Do i need to have send two posts to send pm to that guy ?
katsi
New User
New User

Post by ender01 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:27 am
([msg=76412]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

When I went to send the answer, I found this in my private message:
You are not authorised to send private messages

What's the problem?
ender01
New User
New User

Post by sabin007 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:59 am
([msg=76413]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

While learning PHP, SQL and JS, how good or beneficial is it to create a website solely for the purpose? Thanks anyway ;)
sabin007
New User
New User

Post by -Ninjex- on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 pm
([msg=76414]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

sabin007 wrote:While learning PHP, SQL and JS, how good or beneficial is it to create a website solely for the purpose? Thanks anyway ;)

My opinion is that it is pretty important to do this, because you learn a lot more. You get to think creatively! Programming is not only about coding, someone that gets presented with a problem and just starts coding is not a programmer, they are a coder. A programmer will take the time, map out a solution, and have everything figured out before they start coding their project/solution.

When you actually take on the task of building a website, this gives you the opportunity to think like a programmer, get greater practice in, and learn a whole lot more than you would if you just read a tutorial/book on the language and that's it. When building a website with these, it's also a good time to create vulnerable application yourself, and then take on the task of trying to exploit them. It's always great to see a problem from both the development end, and the hackers end, because you learn a hell of a lot more.

Hope this helps,
- Ninjex
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Post by sabin007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:14 am
([msg=76418]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

My opinion is that it is pretty important to do this, because you learn a lot more. You get to think creatively! Programming is not only about coding, someone that gets presented with a problem and just starts coding is not a programmer, they are a coder. A programmer will take the time, map out a solution, and have everything figured out before they start coding their project/solution.

When you actually take on the task of building a website, this gives you the opportunity to think like a programmer, get greater practice in, and learn a whole lot more than you would if you just read a tutorial/book on the language and that's it. When building a website with these, it's also a good time to create vulnerable application yourself, and then take on the task of trying to exploit them. It's always great to see a problem from both the development end, and the hackers end, because you learn a hell of a lot more.

Hope this helps,
- Ninjex

Thanks. This helps a lot. :D
sabin007
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 6) ToxiCo Industrial Chemicals