Jeremy faces life in prison

Random things go here

Re: Jeremy faces life in prison

Post by NewVoxel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 pm
([msg=71382]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Yeah it's definitely someone different the same guy that I'm talking about; probably going to spend the rest of the day looking up the documentary I saw him in. They really shouldn't let retards be involved with the cases of computer based crimes let alone any crimes at all.
Last edited by NewVoxel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

And of course... assume your grandmother is not Ada Lovelace.

http://www.newvoxel.com/
NewVoxel
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by anarchy420x on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm
([msg=71385]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Mitnick served five years in prison — four and a half years pre-trial and eight months in solitary confinement — because, according to Mitnick, law enforcement officials convinced a judge that he had the ability to "start a nuclear war by whistling into a pay phone".[12] He was released on January 21, 2000. During his supervised release, which ended on January 21, 2003, he was initially forbidden to use any communications technology other than a landline telephone. Mitnick fought this decision in court, eventually winning a ruling in his favor, allowing him to access the Internet. Under the plea deal, Mitnick was also prohibited from profiting from films or books based on his criminal activity for seven years. Mitnick now runs Mitnick Security Consulting LLC, a computer security consultancy

I think you two are talking about the same person; It was sourced to a book that I didn't check for validation.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by NewVoxel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm
([msg=71387]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Shit I could have sworn it was someone different. Well now I can actually get some sleep tonight.
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

And of course... assume your grandmother is not Ada Lovelace.

http://www.newvoxel.com/
NewVoxel
New User
New User

Post by patchw0rkm0mmy on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:22 am
([msg=71426]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

:?
patchw0rkm0mmy
New User
New User

Post by RiptideTempora on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 am
([msg=71710]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

So apparently the judge was a victim by proxy. Go figure.

I, for one, hope they find Jeremy "Not Guilty" just so there's egg on everyone else's face. They could easily have the wrong guy. It's not like they silently arrested him for a week to see if an impersonator still logged onto IRC with the offending handles (and they clearly don't give two shits about illegally detaining people. See also: NDAA).
RiptideTempora
New User
New User

Post by Threethumb on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:27 am
([msg=71712]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Lifetime for stealing, 3 years for killing. Even stealing all the money in the world should not be as severely punished as murder. Stolen money is temporary, and at best only a slight setback. In these cases, the money goes back to the owner. An ended life is ended forever, and it may additionally ruin the mental health of many people for brief periods or entire lifetimes. The way the law biases the interests of the rich above the well-being of the non-rich is really sad. Sadder yet is the fact that this system is conveyed to be what keeps those very same people safe.
Threethumb
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:37 pm
([msg=71714]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Threethumb wrote:Lifetime for stealing, 3 years for killing. Even stealing all the money in the world should not be as severely punished as murder. Stolen money is temporary, and at best only a slight setback. In these cases, the money goes back to the owner. An ended life is ended forever

The varying degrees of punishment for.murder are as they are because many believe that if you kill someone under certain circumstances (such as drunk driving or as an "accident") it shouldn't warrant life in prison.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

Post by Threethumb on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm
([msg=71721]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

fashizzlepop wrote:The varying degrees of punishment for.murder are as they are because many believe that if you kill someone under certain circumstances (such as drunk driving or as an "accident") it shouldn't warrant life in prison.

If it truly is an accident, then I'll agree that it is reasonable to reduce the punishment. Drunk driving isn't really an accident though; even if intoxicated, people are still responsible for their recklessness. If anything, killing someone while drunk should be more punished. People who kill one person consciously are probably just doing it for a cause, a one time happening. People who get drunk and drive are a danger to society in general. Regardless of all that, though... stealing should never warrant lifetime. Stealing is such a tiny, tiny crime compared to murder and rape, and additionally it's revertible.
Threethumb
New User
New User

Post by Cerebral Bore on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 am
([msg=71728]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

NewVoxel: Why are so many American citizens held in jail for months if not years awaiting their trial? It's stupid that they can even do that. I remember a few years back there was some hacker in prison that wasn't even allowed to use the phones because they believed he could whistle in some destruct code to set off the worlds nuclear bombs. Wish I could remember his name. I think he's actually still in prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act

hackers name was Kevin David Mitnick.
The History Of Hacking Documentary skip to the 30 min mark if you want to get to the Mitnick part

And ya Judge Preska should be replaced as far as im censored,don't know why that hasn't happened yet.
As for the rest well,don't do the crime if you don't want to deal with the time,none the less the time should reflect the crime.

A class action suit was filed against Strafor over the breach of security, and the company settled with its customers at an estimated cost of $1.75 million. So, that’s a reason that Judge Preska may have a vested interest in seeking a prosecution. Plus, Stratfor CEO also had to resign after Wikileaks released 5M emails, where Anonymous members boasted of their partnership with Wikileaks in releasing this information.

source

Ok so seals credit cards ~ you broke the law "stole 2 million" so theirs a price for that deal with it bro but life sentence :shock: that makes no seance.
What is this a witch hunt ?

Stole 5M emails or we could say stole privet email information.
So this is a crime that can carry a life sentence ?
Ooo relly... so put the privacy invaders that run free emails sites in prison for life for stealing then selling the same thing to 3rd party's, they did the same thing im my mind.
source {1} {2] {3}

Don't forget to sine up with yelp,that place owns "give us your password"
LinkedIn trys to pull the same shit,only in a more manipulative way when trying to sine up.
apparently this is legal and their not the only ones trying to pull this shit on people atm.
judgement LIFE SENTENCE!

You know Jeremy made a big mistake, know what that is ?
You see your allowed to legally take anything you want off someones computer if after you do it you give the end user a legal agreement popup for them to agree to.
This topic works out grate seeing as regardless of if you agree or not someone all ready has the data they wanted to mine off you.
Do it that way and its legal,everyone all ready is with their down-loader Trojan live installers or whatever you want to call them.
Avira anti-virus is doing it vs the world as we speak and their allowed to.
So their you go,and their not the only ones.
Just wire shark Avira in the install process and watch the action,look at how much data is leaving your pc before your even given a legal agreement.
Then theirs the scare-ware part were they try and get you to uninstall piles of shit they don't like you to have like firewalls.
Anyways.....

not_essence2:
That reminds me. In Kevin's case, the judge wouldn't let his side use a computer to consolidate and sift through all the data, because the judge thought that Mitnick could somehow hack just by looking at a computer.

WTF are you kidding me,computer science retardation alert.
Judge Preska needs to go take a basic course in intro to computers i think duhhhh :?

Don't get me wrong he broke the law and did something he shouldn't have, so their you go,but life in a hole say what O_o ?
im sorry but that's bull shit.

Edit: added info\video about Mitnick
Cerebral Bore
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Off-Topic