Jeremy faces life in prison

Random things go here

Jeremy faces life in prison

Post by limdis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm
([msg=71278]see Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jeremy faces life in prison

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 pm
([msg=71281]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

It's really frustrating the way most hackers are caught. Usually, it's their friends who slack off, get caught, and always become a snitch to the feds.
But then again, he did steal credit card info.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:34 pm
([msg=71285]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mShred on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 pm
([msg=71312]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

There's no questioning that he's in the wrong here. But then again, the whole life in prison thing... Meh. I'm not a big one on the judicial system, but it seems a bit skewed. If that whole thing about the judge being a direct victim, then yeah obviously there's some bias there. I mean really, the kid from hackers only got ten years.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm
([msg=71315]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

I seriously can't believe that he would face life in prison. That's just non-sense right there. I swear I remember when he first got caught that the max was ten years? Even that wasn't definite. I guess they tossed that out the window.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by weekend hacker on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm
([msg=71328]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Probably worth pointing out that the first time he got in trouble, no cc account was charged, nor ware they released.
But they did convict him because he supposedly planned on charging some money off each account to make a donation to charity.
In the stratfor case as far as I know he didn't charge any cards either. But they did get uploaded to a server(which was FBI controlled) and may have fallen into the hands of people who did make some charges. Again he might have mentioned the idea of donating to charity so they'll probably try to buttfuck him on that again.
It was clear after the first bail hearing that he wouldn't be getting a fair trail. I hope now that some attention has been brought to it the justice system may at least pretend to act fair. Small chance of that though, even if he gets a new judge.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WallShadow on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm
([msg=71335]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Wow. It's hard to think that this line of work can have such harsh and unexpected consequences.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by weekend hacker on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:03 am
([msg=71372]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Wow. It's hard to think that this line of work can have such harsh and unexpected consequences.

It can be harsh, especially when they want to make an example out of you. But I can't say its unexpected.
If he is indeed guilty, although the punishment is pretty high in this case, he knew what he was getting into. 'mericah
That would be exactly why he did it, if he did :\ which I'm not saying he did...
Not to mention that if there ever was a person in my entire history of being online that would be perfect to frame for your politically motivated hacks, he'd be it. (easy to impersonate, has the history, private life information is easily available for those who could pull it off, motive, and his security standards make him indistinguishable from the real perp. Not that anyone here would do such a thing.. at least not anyone still active here at this exact point in time.. at the very least no one who posted in this thread.. just pointing it out.)

yay for non straight answers to questions that ware never asked!
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by NewVoxel on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm
([msg=71375]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

Why are so many American citizens held in jail for months if not years awaiting their trial? It's stupid that they can even do that. I remember a few years back there was some hacker in prison that wasn't even allowed to use the phones because they believed he could whistle in some destruct code to set off the worlds nuclear bombs. Wish I could remember his name. I think he's actually still in prison.
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

And of course... assume your grandmother is not Ada Lovelace.

http://www.newvoxel.com/
NewVoxel
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 pm
([msg=71377]see Re: Jeremy faces life in prison[/msg])

I believe that originated with Kevin Mitnick, although you must be talking about someone different. Weird, I thought they would learn that there are no detonation codes for the world's nuclear bombs after Mitnick's case. That reminds me. In Kevin's case, the judge wouldn't let his side use a computer to consolidate and sift through all the data, because the judge thought that Mitnick could somehow hack just by looking at a computer.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Off-Topic