Hacking a game. (new)

Bad threads go here

Hacking a game.

Post by Wh3nSharxByte on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm
([msg=71267]see Hacking a game.[/msg])

Hello, this is my first time posting on the boards, and I need some help from the guys who know what they're doing. I want to hack this game (King of Kings 3) website: *removed* if any of you would be willing to help. It's an MMORPG and they have cheat/bug detectors within the application. Cheat engine wont work for adding gold money for the game and it's difficult to locate an item in your inventory and add to it. Even when you increase a specific item total in your inventory, you can't "split" the stack, or take 100 of one object and turn it into 50 of two objects. If I attempt to "split" the stack it will revert back to its original amount, no matter how many times I null the pointer and reset its value and return the pointer's value back. Can any of you experiment with this so I can use your exploits? I know I'm sounding like a leech, which I wont lie, I am one. But I have very little knowledge of C++ programming and absolutely none about networking and data packet manipulation. So I decided to turn to here for help. I only know QBASIC programming and I know it's an old and outdated language. No way in hell I'm going to be able to legit "hack" this game to make it kneel to me.

EDIT: Also I hope I haven't posted in the wrong section, if I have, I'm sorry and I'll try to find a way to move the topic.
Wh3nSharxByte
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hacking a game.

Post by WallShadow on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am
([msg=71276]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

First off, Welcome to HTS!

Second, hacking a MMORPG is in fact illegal because it is a multiplayer game and hacking it gives you an advantage over everyone else and possibly gives you stuff you would only get through paid membership.

Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.

Now as for hacking games, I don't know too much about that. I know that a classical tactic of disguising amounts of stuff in game is to multiply them by something (e.g. monkey balloon tower defense 4 multiplies your money by 5 in the game's memory, if I remember correctly), And there is also the strategy of having multiple copies of the same value, so that if one changed, the game can sense that, and it changes it back to normal (e.g. gang garrison 2 kept 4 copies of your health in memory, even serverside, which seriously confused me the first time). And, probably the most important point of this, is that you said it was a multiplayer games. Multiplayer games generally don't keep values like that client side, they keep them serverside. You would need to change the values on the server in order to make any difference, or find a way to cheat the system, which is pretty rare. The client side of the game simply shows whats going on in the server side of things, it doesn't actually do anything besides draw cute pictures.

If you really want to get into video game hacking, MMORPGs aren't the first step for you. Start off with very simple client-side games, and then work your way up.

- WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Wh3nSharxByte on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:19 pm
([msg=71280]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

Thanks for the reply! Also I understand it's illegal and I'm partly looking for exploits to report them to the game masters, which in turn they report to the game manufacturer. I've tried everything I can and as I said I have no knowledge of how to manipulate things across other computers. I know the IP address of the server the game runs on, but I don't know how I would be able to modify anything with only the IP and ports. I've tried connecting through an FTP client with multiple variations on usernames and passwords, I've even tried the company username and password which I was given to use to participate in meetings where they discuss problems within the game between users, and even it didn't work. Do you think there's anything google could tell me if I was given the right things to search for? I've looked a lot and I don't really trust anything out there claiming to be "the best" at something because it's most likely malware and cheatengine doesn't allow me to actually switch the values. Do any of you know how to "doorway" two computers (yours and the target) with the target's IP?

EDIT: About getting an advantage over other users, the game is free-to-play but you can make your character extremely powerful only by spending like 3 and 4 thousand dollars on cash packages.
Wh3nSharxByte
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 pm
([msg=71283]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

Well, you might want to look into the cash transaction, see if you can manipulate that, fake one or use other players' transactions. What would be really helpful here would be the source code, but of course, that won't be given to us easily.
WallShadow- The URL might be removed, but the game's name isn't. People could just search that up.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Wh3nSharxByte on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:49 pm
([msg=71284]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

I've tried generating pins for certain amounts of money but they don't work :\ go figure. But I'm not sure about manipulating that cause it's kind of like stealing.. using someone else's money to pay for my crap :L Does anyone know how to generate credit card numbers that work? I've googled that multiple times but I can't find anything that helps.

EDIT: Also, I'm no good at all when it comes to internet hacking. The best I can do on basic challenges is get passed the first one only because I know how to make noob websites with html/css.
Wh3nSharxByte
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:57 pm
([msg=71286]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:WallShadow- The URL might be removed, but the game's name isn't. People could just search that up.

Do I look like a mod who can edit peoples stuff? As awesome as it might be, I'm not (and for good reason probably).
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by not_essence2 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:46 pm
([msg=71292]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

Oh, cr- never mind, my mind was messed up again. That was directed to whoever edited it.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:53 pm
([msg=71295]see Re: Hacking a game.[/msg])

I edited it like that on purpose. Just because the initial request would be illegal doesn't mean the OP can't be guided and learn something.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Hacking a game. (new)

Post by Wh3nSharxByte on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm
([msg=71519]see Hacking a game. (new)[/msg])

Hi guys, me again and it's pretty much about the same topic. This time since I'm getting better at the challenges (only one uncompleted is basic 5 and the rest of the programming, irc, stego etc) Would socket programming the game that I've talked about in my previous thread for the game King of Kings 3 allow me to modify data packets to execute server side commands?
Wh3nSharxByte
New User
New User

Re: Hacking a game. (new)

Post by limdis on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 am
([msg=71522]see Re: Hacking a game. (new)[/msg])

I'm losing my patience for requests/assistance with hacking this game. The next time I see "King of Kings game" anything again I'm banning.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Graveyard