Have an issue...

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Have an issue...

Post by shdwcat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 pm
([msg=71260]see Have an issue...[/msg])

So my sister in law bring her computer over to me to look at, I said yup its a computer lol. She said that here cd drive is not working, he USB will not read anything, and she can not cannot to the internet. Plus some guy she know messed with it and put Window 7 on it without a key. Well I want to install a copy of window 7 back onto it but nothing is working. I went to control panel and went to reinstall windows. it restarted and it asked if I have the CD. Yup, I have that in the cd drive (but cd drive does not work. so I restarted it and now it is saying operating system not found. Grrr :o . I have check the boot order but without anything working how do I correct this issue so I can load Windows back onto her laptop. Her laptop is a HP F700 AMD Athlon x2, 1 1/2 GB ram. any advice?
shdwcat
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Have an issue...

Post by limdis on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:12 pm
([msg=71261]see Re: Have an issue...[/msg])

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Re: Have an issue...

Post by shdwcat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm
([msg=71266]see Re: Have an issue...[/msg])

Yeah I just think this HDD is SOL. I took the HDD out and hooked it up to my SATA/IDE to USB abapter and I dont even hear it running when I stick it up to my ear. I will look around the house I believe I have one around somewhere
shdwcat
New User
New User

Return to Operating Systems