wtf

General technological topics without their own forum go here

wtf

Post by limdis on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 pm
([msg=70991]see wtf[/msg])

I'm working on a little assignment right now that is probably going to take a couple of days. That being said, I'm using BT for all my normal internet dealings at the moment.

Skipping straight to the point: Why is it when I go to facebook, before I even log in, is NoScript ticking for youtube?!?!
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: wtf

Post by weekend hacker on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 am
([msg=71000]see Re: wtf[/msg])

I don't use facebook but.. I've been getting annoyed with similar things. My flash is disabled at the moment due to some random vuln and theres a really large amount of sites that will complain about a missing plugin even though they don't have any visible flash. Seems like its just for persistent tracking cookies.. very rude.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: wtf

Post by centip3de on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm
([msg=71040]see Re: wtf[/msg])

limdis wrote:I'm working on a little assignment right now that is probably going to take a couple of days. That being said, I'm using BT for all my normal internet dealings at the moment.

Skipping straight to the point: Why is it when I go to facebook, before I even log in, is NoScript ticking for youtube?!?!

I'm assuming that because Google owns YouTube, that it's just tracking cookies (like what Weekend said)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to General