End of the United States?

Random things go here

End of the United States?

Post by Mars7411 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 am
([msg=70718]see End of the United States?[/msg])

Since Obama has Been Re-elected, Many Groups of People and at Least one State Government (That I know of) have been Considering Secession. Do You think Secession is Possible?

http://www.woai.com/content/news/newsli ... xIB9Q.cspx

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/10/t ... ted-obama/

http://www.examiner.com/article/15-stat ... d-states-1

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/louisiana-re ... to-secede/
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by not_essence2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 am
([msg=70722]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

Holy crap. I really hope that this won't happen, but I always remembered to have a little voice inside my head to say "Don't go into denial. Deal with it realistically. Denial won't help anybody."
So if 15 states are really signing petitions to leave the US, 1. Who's actually signing the petitions? The citizens or just the government?
and 2. If they really secede, we know that it's not going to be pretty. This secession will be cutting the contiguous US into pieces, especially with New York. And as it stands, I'm thinking of preparing for war.
But 3. If the citizens are filing the petition, those numbers are pretty weak.
And 4. If more states are "expected to follow", and it ends up being almost all of the 50 states, the rest of the states will probably go with them, along with District of Columbia. It's just bureaucratic crap for nothing, except that Obama won't be the president anymore.
5. There's been hotly contested races before, and there's been depressions before. It's a wonder secession only happens now, but of course, Catastrophe Theory hasn't been properly researched yet, so we couldn't predict it.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by Mars7411 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 am
([msg=70725]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:Holy crap. I really hope that this won't happen, but I always remembered to have a little voice inside my head to say "Don't go into denial. Deal with it realistically. Denial won't help anybody."
So if 15 states are really signing petitions to leave the US, 1. Who's actually signing the petitions? The citizens or just the government?
and 2. If they really secede, we know that it's not going to be pretty. This secession will be cutting the contiguous US into pieces, especially with New York. And as it stands, I'm thinking of preparing for war.
But 3. If the citizens are filing the petition, those numbers are pretty weak.
And 4. If more states are "expected to follow", and it ends up being almost all of the 50 states, the rest of the states will probably go with them, along with District of Columbia. It's just bureaucratic crap for nothing, except that Obama won't be the president anymore.
5. There's been hotly contested races before, and there's been depressions before. It's a wonder secession only happens now, but of course, Catastrophe Theory hasn't been properly researched yet, so we couldn't predict it.


The Citizens are Signing the Petitions, I doubt all those 15 States will Leave the Union, it Probably will be Just Texas. I Honestly Hope States Start Seceding, it's better to Break up the United States before Obama Destroys it.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by not_essence2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 am
([msg=70730]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

Hmm, well, I do believe that no president will do as much damage as a state seceding. I mean, Obama can't do that much damage... Usually.
Or were you just trolling?
But seriously, if the citizens are signing the petition, then they should really just leave the country themselves. Yes, it would be less dignified, but those numbers look small.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by xsvMix on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 pm
([msg=70739]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

This makes me sad. Back where I live we have had the same party controlling the country for 20 years, the president himself has faced charges of corruption, which magically disappeared. Now my country is a financial and infrastructural mess with racially unfair laws in effect.

So as a foreigner to American politics I ask what is so bad about Obama getting another term?
User avatar
xsvMix
New User
New User
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by Mars7411 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:26 pm
([msg=70740]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

xsvMix wrote:This makes me sad. Back where I live we have had the same party controlling the country for 20 years, the president himself has faced charges of corruption, which magically disappeared. Now my country is a financial and infrastructural mess with racially unfair laws in effect.

So as a foreigner to American politics I ask what is so bad about Obama getting another term?


What's Bad About Obama's Next Term? We now have to Get shitty Health Care which will raise our taxes 85% and we have to even PAY for it, or if we don't get Obama care, we get Fined. Obama is the Most Communist and the Most Autocratic President we have ever had (if something is not going to get passed by congress, we will By-pass Congress through Executive orders). New gun Controls, a Ruined Economy. Does that Sound bad Enough?

What country do you Live in?

-- Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 pm --

not_essence2 wrote:Hmm, well, I do believe that no president will do as much damage as a state seceding. I mean, Obama can't do that much damage... Usually.
Or were you just trolling?
But seriously, if the citizens are signing the petition, then they should really just leave the country themselves. Yes, it would be less dignified, but those numbers look small.


Obama is the Most Autocratic and the Most Communist President we have ever had. Also, I would Leave the Country, but like most people who hate this Country and want to Leave, I don't have the Money to Leave. So, we Try to get our states to Secede.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by weekend hacker on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm
([msg=70743]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:What's Bad About Obama's Next Term? We now have to Get shitty Health Care which will raise our taxes 85% and we have to even PAY for it or if we don't get Obama care, we get Fined.

Exactly how is healthcare shitty? And this 85% number looks made up. 85% of what are we talking about? of all income? of the current tax rate? how high is that current tax rate anyway? and which tax rate are we talking about?(since not all taxes are created equal, rich people in the US pay a lot less taxes then poor people).
I've taken a look at the new taxes imposed, and none of those numbers come even close to 85% and most that I've seen apply to people who are considered fairly rich. (except the 10% one on indoor tanning salons. Do you own an indoor tanning salon? That shit will give you cancer you know.. tax on it should be higher imho)

Also don't forget that included in this law is that it has to be affordable. Something which is currently not the case. So although you have to pay for it, it would be a price you actually CAN pay. And even if you have cancer or aids or any type of condition, it'll have to be affordable to you and they can no longer simply deny you.

Any type of healthcare will do, there is not a specific type of "obamacare" that you need to take. And this "fine" you speak of appears to be in the form of increased taxes, not an actual fine. (more then that, the IRS doesn't even have the power to press criminal charges if you refuse to pay this tax, only civil charges so at most it can win twice the tax you ware required to pay if you refused to pay, no jail time)

Mars7411 wrote: I don't have the Money to Leave. So, we Try to get our states to Secede.

You don't need money to leave, only to enter the US are you supposed to show you can afford it. Other places aren't so strict. And as you can probably tell by the large selection of tacos you have that you don't really need money to enter the US either.
But the question would be, where will you go? You are aware that every other country in the world with a similar culture as the US(I'm thinking Canada, Europe, Australia) already has healthcare, high taxes, no guns and less crime right?

I'm a foreigner, and your current tax rates are laughable to me. But I can totally understand the desire to pay less not more.
Also good job on using communism as a negative in your post.. I hate to say it, but it makes you sound like you've not done research, been tricked by an obama hater, are still stuck in the 1950's or are simply a troll(pick 1).

These executive orders are a real problem though(mainly because I don't like those specific orders), I hope both parties stop trying to cockblock each other and manage to get along and write laws the proper way. Although I never heard of anyone complaining about this during the Bush era(also orders that I didn't like), there are a couple more of them during obama times. If politicians really have an issue with it though.. then why don't they get rid of it? Seems like a bonus card that neither party is willing to give up just in case they get a president.

I wish you the best, good luck in finding a new country or separating from the US. You're more then welcome here, but I'm afraid you might not like it(we don't just have healthcare, we also have free education, high unemployment payments, no guns and loads of foreigners) then again we don't have a president so none of that to bother you.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
User avatar
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:39 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by not_essence2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm
([msg=70753]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

I see, so you are a Republican.
Well, I mean, I really think that even if he is a Communist (I don't really see any signs of that, but I'm pro-Communist anyways), if he does anything too bad, he'll probably get huge pressure from everybody else. Remember, the powers of government are split. It's designed to protect against tyranny. If he really was a "Communist tyrant" as everyone calls it, he can't do much anyways.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by limdis on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:02 am
([msg=70768]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

As an American, I get tired of hearing all the blame being on the president. I will admit that are many Americans that are fat lazy and hand-out greedy slobs. To blame the president for all of our problems shows how little research has really been done. It is our responsibility as citizens of the United States and as a nation to make things right for ourselves. Not one man can cause all the problems that we are having and not one man is the sole reason for the way things are currently.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
User avatar
limdis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Re: End of the United States?

Post by centip3de on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 am
([msg=70769]see Re: End of the United States?[/msg])

If people are ignorant, and unwilling to learn, change, or adapt to a new lifestyle, (even though a plethora of countries show that this is a move in the right direction), then let 'em leave. They obviously weren't doing anything other than bitching, might as well let them bitch somewhere else, at someone else.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
User avatar
centip3de
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:46 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Next

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests