my "fellow americans"....

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

my "fellow americans"....

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm
([msg=70576]see my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

enjoy your long lines and ennui today! i intend to spend this day off with a few mugs of hot cocoa and the people i love most! any other non-participants out there?

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: my "fellow americans"....

Post by WallShadow on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm
([msg=70579]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

Hmmm, you know what? Hot chocolate doesn't sound that bad right about now, thanks for the suggestion. As for the long lines, did you see the lines we had for gasoline in NY? Can't be worse than that. But alas, I'm still considered too young to vote for any of those puppets even though I'm a legal citizen, of equal mental capability, and contribute to the economy just as much as the next guy.

Peace mooka <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by 0phidian on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am
([msg=70600]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

I actually did go vote just for the hell of it, even though my vote doesnt matter especially in my state. There werent any lines where I voted, of course it was a relatively rural area. Also I prefer coffee to hot cocoa.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by mookalovesgloop on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:16 pm
([msg=70604]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

i can't tell you guys how many lectures i got along the lines of "if you don't vote, you can't complain" or "people DIED so you would have this right"

well yeah maybe, but my complaints won't be resolved by putting one drone in another's place...i know that either candidate is just but one side of a single coin and no matter how said coin is tossed, i'm fucked...no indeed, my problem is with the entire globalist, capitalist, elitist system and i'm not susceptible to the delusion that we can use the system to overthrow fix the system...so yeah :roll:

i never did acquire a taste for coffee, but i did learn yesterday that marshmallow fluff is INFINITELY better than regular marshmallows in cocoa! :mrgreen:

peace
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by 0phidian on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm
([msg=70614]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

I'm not really a big fan of capitalism, imperialism, or anything else like that either. I dont even like Obama that much but anythings better than Mitt Romney. Tryin to cancel funding for PBS, I grew up on that shit. :D I have always thought of moving somewhere else though, like Sweden(Awesome).

i can't tell you guys how many lectures i got along the lines of "if you don't vote, you can't complain" or "people DIED so you would have this right"

I love stupid crap like that, my favorite was my school teachers trying to convince me to ritualistically pledge my allegiance to a piece of cloth every morning.
0phidian
Poster
Poster

Post by mookalovesgloop on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 pm
([msg=70622]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

yeah unfortunately i didn't cut my conscious teeth early enough to take issue with the pledge, but i draw consolation knowing that i didn't know what i was talking about then, and that their conditioning didn't work on me (obviously)

if it meant anything at all, i would absolutely vote...but after i learned that the electoral college *actually* makes the decision....what's the point?? on the other side of that same token, what use is all of the knowledge i've taken the time to get (reading dry ass nonfiction historical books, reading every page of the constitution and shit like that) if i continue to ACT as though i don't know better?

sometimes i wish we still lived in times where exile was still a viable option....

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Good job America

Post by weekend hacker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:28 am
([msg=70646]see Good job America[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:if it meant anything at all, i would absolutely vote...but after i learned that the electoral college *actually* makes the decision....what's the point??

You vote who gets to be in said electoral college, so it could have made a difference. Its not direct democracy but its not as bad as having no say in it at all. And don't forget there was also voting for other things then president.

In this country, we don't have the right to vote we have the duty to vote. Everyone votes or they get a fine. (its an attempt to get a proper reading on the wishes of the people.) We also don't vote directly for some positions though, we can vote for specific people but the highest rank(prime minister) is something that gets decided after the votes by all those elected.
And those specific people we vote for they might be in the government but we can't really know what position they'll end up having.
For prime minister its usually the main guy from the party with most votes, or they have that guy be the main guy while forming the government(so he gets to be the main guy to decide which position those that got voted in government will take) while the second largest party gets to have a prime minister. Its a strategic decision and we have no say in it.

The prime minister has no additional power like a president does though, but the process could in my opinion definitely be improved with direct democracy. But they won't be willing to make that change anytime soon, it'll be a strategic loss to them and we don't have the technology yet to pull it off.

liquid democracy as implemented in http://liquidfeedback.org/ seems like an awesome principle to me. But although the pirate party claims to use it I haven't actually seen people do anything useful on it, and there is not enough people actually participating. But a system like that mandatory on a national scale seems like something I would like.
Or voting by mail on specific issues every few months as the Swiss do is pretty cool too.

Also now the vote has been over for a few days you guys should know that in the whole world there was a big sigh of relief that Obama won. World leaders ware literally saying "thank god obama won" to news reporters. So good job america, seems like you did the right thing. Or at least something that is seen as favourable to those on the outside of it.

Chocolate milk tastes way better then coffee but coffee has caffeine and can have the same amount of sugar.. so I'm not sure what I prefer any more since I need caffeine to survive but also like tasty things. I usually just put 1 spoon of nesquick in my espresso so I don't have to decide XD
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm
([msg=70829]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

it absolutely SUCKS that they fine y'all for not voting! 100% WTF man!!! i understand the benefits of the supposed democratic system, and i won't front on you, i didn't click on your link :oops: but i think can better explain my position like thins--i'm just so disgusted with the current setup that i feel that my only true means of resistance is non-participation/cooperation...

i was born in america, i didn't have any control over that. from what i've come to understand about the political system is that the only thing of value, at least as far as the PTB are concerned is the almighty dollar. people like myself who are born on the very bottom rung of society count for nothing, and are indeed considered to be "the problem" by the wealthiest 10% of the population. the bullshit ass american dream story they sell is bullshit...the reality of the situation is that where you start in life is likely where you'll end up regardless of your level of ambition/effort....think about the illogical percentage of university graduates who can't find employment or have to settle for barely above minimum wage.
regardless of if you get a job or not, the student loan people start calling 6 months after graduation and you are expected to pay up...if you CANT pay sooner than later, the government will garnish your wages. and what about the ones who aren't lucky enough to make it to college? these aren't just people who couldn't get off their lazy asses and make something of themselves. most of the poorest people in society are born into a set of social and economic circumstances not so unlinke those you see in impverished and developing nations. they are natives to generational abuse, poverty, disenfranchisement and are never cared for properly, let alone given the motivation to do/amount to anything more than what they are.

i'm just so disgusted with everything and so limited in my scope of ability to DO anything about it that i just developed an unbelivable case of the fuck-its...all i'm concerned about is the well being of me and those i love...my ultimate goal is to do everything i can to ensure our health and prosperity. i do believe that there are higher forces beyond man's comprehension that govern the ebb and flow of events. eventually things will right themselves...i just get the feeling that it won't happen within my lifetime...until then i'm just gonna do the right thing and hope that the universe will have my back, lol

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by not_essence2 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm
([msg=70832]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

Well, you are doing something. You're taking up one of the most invaluable skills in life to have, and results doesn't always have to come from the amount of dollars in your wallet. I mean, even if it is truly pointless, why live it miserably rather than happily?
Prepare for the worst, but live like it's the best.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm
([msg=70837]see Re: my "fellow americans"....[/msg])

oh don't get me wrong, i'm not miserable at all! i just don't want anything to do with the system...

i have to work to be able to support my family, i would just like to be able to support them without being a paycheck away from my demise...i don't waste time pipe-dreaming about someday being super rich--i don't even play the lottery. my problem is that despite my best efforts the american societal system is designed to squeeze every single drop of labor/resources out of us and give the very least in return....

i mean they could at least pay people according to the value of the work they do...it's absolutely ludicrous that athletes, actors and other insignificant jobs pay millions of dollars but the farmers, police officers, teachers and military personnel struggle to make ends meet! as long as the general public is distracted/seduced by their bread and circus we'll forever be slaves to our longing for materials we will never have the means to acquire (or end up bankrupting ourselves tryin to live above our means) and we'll never mobilize ourselves and realize our true potential...*descends from soapbox*

peace
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Next

Return to Politics