Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by mookalovesgloop on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm
([msg=70575]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:peace and blessings to all! :D <br>so i finally solved this ridiculously easy mission! and i'm sorry, i'm so sorry, i usually would be the last to put it that way because i personally hate reading through 20+ pages of a thread of people saying that what i'm bashing my brains out trying to figure out is super simple...but this one takes the cake, more so than even some of the BASIC missions.... if there is anyone in the world who is still trying to figure this one out, i will try to help without spoiling...mods feel free to put me in my place if i fuck it up...<br><br>okay so for starters--forget about php for awhile...do you know how to code a drop down box in HTML? in what way could you manipulate the form data in the ones on this challenge to help accomplish your goal??? think about it...thought about it? okay... now the absolute ONLY php knowledge you need to know the relationship of a particular php file to a particular command. and of course you'll need get that info into the proper *COUGH* *COUGH action *COUGH* *COUGH* to make this work.<br><br>finally, i leave you with this, very simply: a relative path changes the address in a url completely, while an absolute path just appends a file/folder/subdirectory to an existing URL....<br><br>i hope this post ties the clues (all of which are stated many times within the forum) together in a way that's a bit easier to understand...please know that i read EVERY SINGLE PAGE of this thread at least twice before i finally solved this mission...and look how long ago i joined...from one noob to another <3<br>em hotep<br>mooka!<br><br>PS i used chrome ONLY to solve this mission "inspect element" is basically firebug except that it comes built into the browser, of course there is always notepad, but as to that... i think the word is EYESTRAIN!!!

did you check this out?
peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Amazingred on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:40 pm
([msg=70586]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

TheJrAnarchist wrote:I am clearly a noob.... all i did was edit the text, swapping the position of the bands their votes, and their descriptions by the text editing, and, clearly, it didn't save when i left, any way i could do this? Or am i doing it right?
Even if i am, can anyone give me pointers as to how to make the website overwrite my saves?

First off welcome to HTS...

Here is a handy little resource to get you off to a running start. go to google and type in "assembly primer hackers" right there near the top is a youtube video labeled 'Part I" there is a whole series of these videos about 15 mins long a pop and looking them over will help you out a LOT in understanding some of the missions you are about to be faced with. that plus a little time learning from the members here and you'll be good to go.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Amazingred
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by EcceGratum on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm
([msg=70699]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I think that this level is very confusing for a beginner. First of all, it sometimes doesn't work with Firebug. I used Chrome to complete it. Second, if I submit some vote without any trick, say some votes of 5, the average doesn't change at all, not even in the last digit. Maybe that is because of firebug, too, but then a warning could be necessary that we shouldn't use this tool here.

And my question is: does FireBug work for the following levels or shall I switch to Chrome permanently? Thanks in advance.
EcceGratum
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 pm
([msg=70701]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Or everyone could learn to do so without tools like firebug... Just saying.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by EcceGratum on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 am
([msg=70717]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

limdis wrote:Or everyone could learn to do so without tools like firebug... Just saying.

I see your point but why should I edit a html with notepad while I can edit it with firebug much quicker? I don't learn anything extra from it; It's like a math book made of papyrus.
EcceGratum
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 pm
([msg=70763]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

EcceGratum wrote:I see your point but why should I edit a html with notepad while I can edit it with firebug much quicker? I don't learn anything extra from it; It's like a math book made of papyrus.

Perhaps you maybe. But I'm talking about a couple of missions specifically, this one included. There are many that come here that don't know a thing about javascript injections and are ready to simply claim being able to pull off the hack with just firebug. While I don't discredit firebug, it is a great tool. But it is very important to know how it works.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Shade_of_Gray on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 pm
([msg=70778]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

EcceGratum wrote:Second, if I submit some vote without any trick, say some votes of 5, the average doesn't change at all, not even in the last digit.

I think that's a simulation artifact. It's not a Firebug issue.
Shade_of_Gray
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by not_essence2 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm
([msg=70843]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

That's true. I mean, looking at this another way (completely unrelated to what you're supposed to do, does not help with solving the mission), if they used a cache/cookie to determine who has voted and who hasn't, and it was vulnerable to JS injection, we could just rewrite the cookie over and over again to be able to vote over and over again. But of course, that's not this mission.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by gpegasus77 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 am
([msg=71678]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

ended the mission in 5 min... but used a chrome plug-in. i was wondering: shouldnt this work with java injection?

Edited: i should read all better before...
out of curiosity can somebody pm me the right injection code... or is free to discuss with me why my code doesnt work? i would like to understand what i wrote wrong..thx
gpegasus77
New User
New User

Post by fashizzlepop on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm
([msg=71718]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

gpegasus77 wrote:ended the mission in 5 min... but used a chrome plug-in. i was wondering: shouldnt this work with java injection?

Java != JavaScript. They are completely different things.
The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty; it's merely twice as big as it needs to be.
fashizzlepop
Developer
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review