Need help about finding IP

Random things go here

Need help about finding IP

Post by darkhunt3r on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:34 pm
([msg=70577]see Need help about finding IP[/msg])

Hello, to everyone I'm new here and I need some help. I know is too much for asking something about this but I really need it . So for now I'm learning now html and I'm learning python. I'm still beginner so I hope you help me. I must find one email IP. The email is not yahoo,gmail or google email, it's abv email. It's from my country low security. So I search and I read a lot topics I found how to find the IP of the email, if he send me email(file or something like that). But I need to find the IP without he send me email or he do any connection to me... I hope you understand me and if you can't tell me how to do it directly at lest please explain me how to start. (one more thing I'm using backtrack 5 if you need information like that.) Thanks!
darkhunt3r
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Need help about finding IP

Post by xsvMix on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 pm
([msg=70580]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

It sounds like you want the IP address of an email. If so well you can't have it, emails don't have an IP address.
Or you want the IP of the sender. This depends on the email service provider. Most don't give client IP's away to everyone. Pretty stumped on that too.
The only other thing I can think of that you could be talking about is the SMTP server. I can't tell you what "abv" uses. But if this is the case find it, it will look something like "mail.google.com" then ping that address
xsvMix
New User
New User

Post by darkhunt3r on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm
([msg=70581]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

Exactly what I want is the IP adress of the man that has register in that mail service. Hm ping it ? I was thinking if i tell one friend to chat with that man on facebook and while chatting try netstat do you think it will work propertly if only facebook is opened ?

And to be honest my final target is facebook that's why I ask I wanted first to track some how the IP and then with that IP to crack the password.
darkhunt3r
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 pm
([msg=70582]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

darkhunt3r wrote:And to be honest my final target is facebook that's why I ask I wanted first to track some how the IP and then with that IP to crack the password.

Just how would getting their IP help you in gaining access to their facebook?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by not_essence2 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:13 pm
([msg=70583]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

That's true, what the last post said. I would think doing a dox to find the facebook first would be much easier.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by darkhunt3r on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 am
([msg=70590]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

So there is no point in finding the IP ? Well in one other forum I read that while doxing your target is to find the username,adress,phone.... etc. But don't I need the IP so I can find this info ? Maybe I have missed something while reading this lol.
darkhunt3r
New User
New User

Post by hellow533 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 am
([msg=70592]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

In my honest opinion, what you can do with an IP address is very limited. You can ping the shit out of it (illegal) doing what's called a DOS attack, or look up the internet provider's home country, state, and even city. And finally, you can use an IP address to report somebody to proper authorities if you suspect them of internet crime. Past that, unless you want to contact the internet provider and ask them for personal information related to the IP (which unless you are part of those proper authorities you probably won't get) there isn't much to do with them.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by darkhunt3r on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 am
([msg=70596]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

hellow533<
Yeah I know about the DOS attack... well so I don't need the IP I need doxing. It is not hard right ? I read about it but I didn't find enough info.
darkhunt3r
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm
([msg=70608]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

IP is only for a full dox, but that doesn't appear to be your goal, so don't go for one. You can't really do anything legal with it unless the IP user did something illegal his/herself, which means in a full dox it's there for the formality of a full dox. Or the client just wants to DDoS the lights out of the computer.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by darkhunt3r on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:14 pm
([msg=70609]see Re: Need help about finding IP[/msg])

Okey thanks for the info but this is not enough for my goal... well so I don't need the IP forgot about it... What I need for get the password ? I need dictonary with passwords right ? I do it myself or I find it from internet ? I need program that is trying all the passwords from the txt file so it can find the password I'm looking for right ? I code it with my own or I try find it on internet ?
darkhunt3r
New User
New User

Next

Return to Off-Topic