Yeah.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Re: Yeah.

Post by mShred on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 pm
([msg=70377]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

In all honestly mooka, anyone can do it. There were a lot of people in my company who probably would have said the same thing you're saying now. PT isn't everyone's thing. There were people who couldn't pass the minimum basic training requirements, but came out passing in the end. If exercising ain't your thing, then that's you. But if being willing to adapt to exercising ain't your thing, then it probably isn't in your best interest. Most people had some kind of issue in basic training be it missing home, exercising, authority issues, waking up issues (everyone) etc. But basic is meant to throw that shit out the window and force to you to adapt. If you want it, you can do it. If you don't truly want it, that'd soon become evident.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by hellow533 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm
([msg=70379]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

^you're lucky, going in as an officer you're expected to be maxing out fitness. Have to run further, train harder, and be better than most enlisted. At least that's what's expected...
“True hacking is like skydiving, you want to make sure you have arms, because nobody’s going to be there to pull the chute for you.”
hellow533
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mShred on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm
([msg=70410]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Meh yeah. For Officer candidate school, I'm pretty sure you're expected to be running a lot more than normal basic. But other than that, I don't think they're required to be the top of the top like you're thinking. You'll notice that a lot of officers definitely don't maintain the best fitness.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by limdis on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:45 pm
([msg=70415]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

mShred wrote:You'll notice that a lot of officers definitely don't maintain the best fitness.

It is for this very reason that the officers and the enlisted don't do PT together.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by mShred on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 pm
([msg=70417]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Very true. But at the same time, that's definitely not always the case. My XO in basic had me wheezing with an agr run. But not everyone runs with the A-train, for those of you who know what that is, +1.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:35 pm
([msg=70460]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

peace

its funny...my decision kind of made itself...that awesome new job i landed bombed (temp agency fucked me :( ) and the bills don't stop just 'cause...lol oh well, i'm taking this as the kick in the pants i needed to stop putting off the inevitable! i've been reading everything i can and will likely be talking to a recruiter before christmas...i know its doable i just have a feeling that my personality will be ill-suited to the military lifestyle...oh well i'm sure it can't be harder or worse than 4 years of high school...right? lol

mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:30 am
([msg=70464]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Like I said before, you'll eventually realize whether it's for you or not. But anyone can get through basic. You just need to motive. Make sure it's something you want before you sign up. And if you do decide on that path, good luck to you.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to General