Yeah.

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Yeah.

Post by mShred on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 am
([msg=70254]see Yeah.[/msg])

I'm back. I've finished the ten weeks of basic training and I'm starting the next phase of my training for the army. But that means I've got a lot to catch up on here. So this will be the place for everyone to catch me up. What's gone down with HTS town since I left? Funny stories? Heartbreaking tales? Anything, just let it out. Any news is news.
HTS, it's been far too long.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Yeah.

Post by hellow533 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 am
([msg=70256]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Welcome back from basic, I will be going to college soon and starting ROTC. Not much has happened, nothing interesting honestly. There is a small glitch on the homepage if you have noticed, where it turns white and blinds the f*^% out of my eyes. Maybe you could do something about that. And by do something, I mean submit a bug report because they seem not to take mine seriously.

Anyways, for me I have now completed the courses for my CASP. I still need to take another Security+ test as well, but I should have both at the end of the month. Also have free access to online labs and training for SSCP and CISSP.

And I hardly understand any part of either.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by mShred on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 am
([msg=70258]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:I will be going to college soon and starting ROTC.

Good choice. I actually plan on doing online courses once I get the hell out of EOD training. Too bad that isn't for another nine months at least.
hellow533 wrote:Anyways, for me I have now completed the courses for my CASP. I still need to take another Security+ test as well, but I should have both at the end of the month. Also have free access to online labs and training for SSCP and CISSP.

Me gusta.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by hellow533 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:36 am
([msg=70259]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Oh yea, HTS has had a bit of DDOS problems recently. It seems some kid found out how to do a denial of service and typed a website in on Google to try it on. Haha. (assumption)
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by centip3de on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:54 pm
([msg=70264]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:Welcome back from basic, I will be going to college soon and starting ROTC. Not much has happened, nothing interesting honestly. There is a small glitch on the homepage if you have noticed, where it turns white and blinds the f*^% out of my eyes. Maybe you could do something about that. And by do something, I mean submit a bug report because they seem not to take mine seriously.

Anyways, for me I have now completed the courses for my CASP. I still need to take another Security+ test as well, but I should have both at the end of the month. Also have free access to online labs and training for SSCP and CISSP.

And I hardly understand any part of either.

If you do ROTC through the Army, you'll be doing your officer training up at JBLM, about 20 minutes from my house. Crazy shit man.

Anyway, I'll try to list them:
-Tremor is now a mod, though I think you were here for that.
-I'm officially over 1,000 posts
-Limdis finally finished his doxing missions (But so far I'm the only one to finish)
-I'm pretty sure we've been DDoS'd more than a few times in that past few weeks
-A lot of new people think it's just awesome to necro old threads

That's really about it as for news. I mean, there's been lots of new threads about questions and such, but they're about the same things as they always are.

Good to have you back man.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25 pm
([msg=70270]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

mShred wrote:I'm back. I've finished the ten weeks of basic training and I'm starting the next phase of my training for the army. But that means I've got a lot to catch up on here. So this will be the place for everyone to catch me up. What's gone down with HTS town since I left? Funny stories? Heartbreaking tales? Anything, just let it out. Any news is news.
HTS, it's been far too long.

peace

welcome back and i'm glad to hear you made i through okay....forgive but my question is totally not computer-related....

how was basic training??? i've been heavily debating enlisting in the military (not 100% on which branch yet but its gonna be between national guard and army reserve) and the only thing i really have misgivings about is the boot camp part....is it really as horrible as i think it'll be? or is it mostly waking up early and working out that are the hard part? i know a recruiter will only tell me whatever he needs to to get me to sign my soul away i've been only a signature away from joining on more than one occasion and lost my nerve fretting about basic training every time....anything you can tell me would be great! :mrgreen:

mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:22 am
([msg=70282]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Well really, it depends. For me, I was expecting something a lot different. Yes, you get up early. Yes, you PT most days (for the most part). Yes the food sucks. Yes you get yelled at. The first day of reception, the week of processing before basic training, I didn't get any sleep. The next night, I got maybe three hours. My body had never gone through strain like that before. Especially considering they have you sit around and do nothing for the first bit, so you're always falling asleep. As you're falling asleep, they look and wait for you to doze so they can put you in some weird punishment. It's mostly just stressful. Basic training though is honestly a joke once you look back at it. It's just a system. You wake up, work out, eat, do the day's shit, go to bed. They lay everything out for you. You just have to do the shit. Once you figure out the system, it's easy. You make friends. You make even more enemies. Sometimes you get no sleep. Sometimes your platoon Drill Sergeant gives you your phone. But it's all really a mind game. Once you get into it, you realize it's only ten weeks. If you end up going that route, the only advice I could give you is stick with it. That's all that people told me before I left. You don't really understand the significance of that advice until you get there. That said, the army isn't for everyone. Some people just aren't cut out for it. And they ain't nothin wrong with that either.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:02 pm
([msg=70285]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

peace....

the funny thing is, i know for a FACT that i'm one of those people who "isn't cut out for the military" at least as far as my personality goes...i'm the biggest free-spirit, would-be revolutionary that i know! the absolute ONLY reason i want to enlist is so that i can get all my shit laced up,be able to provide for my little one, and live my life without being a paycheck away from my demise at any given time... (the struggle man)....i'm sure if it's just a matter of "playing the game" that i have the intellect and will to stick with it....but if i get there and it's like JAIL or something....i dunno man...i might don't make it, lol! :oops:

now you said there's pt for the most part every day...so there are days when you get to just chill? how hard is it to be sleep-deprived and then have to go all out at the crack of dawn?? i'm not fat or anything (i'm 5'8" 155 pounds, down south built lol) but i HATE exercising...it hurts! how long did it take you to get used to it?

i'm not too worried about the yelling/intimidation part, i'm sure i can go into my zone and ignore that... interestingly, you're the first person i've heard of who enlisted that says the food sucks...the people i know personally who enlisted said the food was actually pretty decent....not that i didn't expect it to suck anyway....

i'm sorry man, i know that this is probably the last thing you want to actually talk about at this point, but time is SO winding down for me to make my final decision...i'll be 25 in less than a year and i want to be done before i'm 30 or i absolutely won't go!

peace mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:59 pm
([msg=70319]see Re: Yeah.[/msg])

Welcome back man 8-)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."