I'm new to this.

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I'm new to this.

Post by Allstar15x on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 pm
([msg=70239]see I'm new to this.[/msg])

Okay, so, I've just started into this recently, and I've studied and read HTML methods over and over, but I still don't understand. Any tips?
Allstar15x
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I'm new to this.

Post by centip3de on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 pm
([msg=70240]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

Allstar15x wrote:Okay, so, I've just started into this recently, and I've studied and read HTML methods over and over, but I still don't understand. Any tips?

What exactly don't you understand?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:35 am
([msg=70251]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

I'm with Cent on this one. You'll have to be more descriptive on what you don't understand and need help with.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by hellow533 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 am
([msg=70252]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

Allstar15x wrote:Okay, so, I've just started into this recently, and I've studied and read HTML methods over and over, but I still don't understand. Any tips?

Unlike our two posters above I will assume you are talking about HTML and not understanding that. Editing HTML on a webpage is no permanent, as information is not submitted in to the page, but edited on your side.

Example, if I used HTML to make save read as dog, then it would read as dog for me. However, it would not for everybody else.

However, if you are to submit information in to the form, then it is permanent. Say I made the value of save the same value as submit. Instead of saving everything I typed, it would have been submitted and you would be able to read it. This is getting in to realistic 1. HTML is one of the easiest things to learn when it comes to computers, it should not be hard. It is easy to figure out.

I assume you know how to read the source. When looking at the source, you can find links and information not otherwise listed. Comments the the webmaster would be able to add in themselves.
“True hacking is like skydiving, you want to make sure you have arms, because nobody’s going to be there to pull the chute for you.”
hellow533
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:00 am
([msg=70253]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

Very unspecific. There's a lot to not understand here. HTML is just the 'language' that webservers read to spit out websites. I'd suggest reading up on a few good HTML articles or tutorials. Soon enough you'll understand what all the <h>'s and <html>'s mean. HTML is also a good base to learn as a newer person. Once you get into it, if you have any specific questions about specific things then this is definitely the place to come to to ask.
Shred

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by hellow533 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:06 am
([msg=70255]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

mShred wrote:Very unspecific. There's a lot to not understand here. HTML is just the 'language' that webservers read to spit out websites. I'd suggest reading up on a few good HTML articles or tutorials. Soon enough you'll understand what all the <h>'s and <html>'s mean. HTML is also a good base to learn as a newer person. Once you get into it, if you have any specific questions about specific things then this is definitely the place to come to to ask.
Shred

Sorry, I was just giving him the basics of HTML. I can't be bothered writing an article on it when there are like 70 of them floating around HTS.

Hint hint, OP.
“True hacking is like skydiving, you want to make sure you have arms, because nobody’s going to be there to pull the chute for you.”
hellow533
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 am
([msg=70257]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

hellow533 wrote:Sorry, I was just giving him the basics of HTML. I can't be bothered writing an article on it when there are like 70 of them floating around HTS.

I wasn't directing that at you, my bad. OP was unspecific in his questioning. My post was probably even less specific than yours.
hellow533 wrote:Hint hint, OP.

+1

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by centip3de on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm
([msg=70263]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

mShred wrote:Very unspecific. There's a lot to not understand here. HTML is just the 'language' that webservers read to spit out websites. I'd suggest reading up on a few good HTML articles or tutorials. Soon enough you'll understand what all the <h>'s and <html>'s mean. HTML is also a good base to learn as a newer person. Once you get into it, if you have any specific questions about specific things then this is definitely the place to come to to ask.<br>Shred

Awww shit, he's back.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:31 pm
([msg=70266]see Re: I'm new to this.[/msg])

lol
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone