How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop

Intel or AMD? nVidia or ATI? Lenovo or ASUS? All things computing hardware go here

How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop

Post by kaekruse on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 pm
([msg=70200]see How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

I need to remove all recievers from my dell m4600 precision workstation. Those guys that have all the right remotes are getting to be a big pest. I think there a several recivers that allow people to have mouse control, certain power control, and offline software content control etc. Does anyone have information to provide that will assist me in this task? I am available for next week and can barter services. I honestly don't have a clue where to get started after doing a little tidbit of research. I am thinking at minimum the RAM, processor, disk drive, and battery all need to be inspected.

Setup is to not include ac power cord setup for this stealth feature while connected to AC because I don't want to mess with AC just setup using laptop battery.

Thank you.

k,
kaekruse
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop

Post by weekend hacker on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm
([msg=70208]see Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

I have no idea what you just asked... There is some kind of remote control to that laptop which allows others to move your mouse, turn things on or off and access files without you being connected to a network?
If so.. there is probably a software setting somewhere to disable it. But from looking at the specs it would probably be bluetooth or the usual network based backdoor culprits.

Setup is to not include ac power cord setup for this stealth feature while connected to AC because I don't want to mess with AC just setup using laptop battery.

Really don't have a clue what this means.. O.O

Besides that, nice laptop. Looks fancy but a little too expensive for me.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by centip3de on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:39 pm
([msg=70213]see Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

kaekruse wrote:I need to remove all recievers from my dell m4600 precision workstation. Those guys that have all the right remotes are getting to be a big pest. I think there a several recivers that allow people to have mouse control, certain power control, and offline software content control etc. Does anyone have information to provide that will assist me in this task? I am available for next week and can barter services. I honestly don't have a clue where to get started after doing a little tidbit of research. I am thinking at minimum the RAM, processor, disk drive, and battery all need to be inspected.

Thank you.

k,

There are no receivers on a laptop (unless your talking about NIC's), and from the sound of it, it seems like you just have a VNC/RAT installed. Also, it should be relatively easy to see if new components are added to your laptop, as they should bulge out or be straight up visible because laptop cases are so thin.

Side note: If someone is controlling your computer when it's not connected to the network, they're probably playing with your computer over BlueTooth.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am
([msg=70229]see Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

centip3de wrote:they're probably playing with your computer over BlueTooth.

...and this grabbed my full attention. Research time.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:47 pm
([msg=70235]see Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

limdis wrote:...and this grabbed my full attention. Research time.

It's more than possible, I watched a documentary on it once... It had something to do with the fact that BlueTooth devices are so trusting and willing to share, and most of their passwords are "0000" that you can pair with it and upload malicious software, or something... I'm forgetting the details of it, it's on YouTube though, look it up.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 am
([msg=70250]see Re: How can I?: Remove all recievers from my laptop[/msg])

limdis wrote:
centip3de wrote:they're probably playing with your computer over BlueTooth.

...and this grabbed my full attention. Research time.

I remember reading an article about bluetooh a couple 2600's ago. I was lucky enough to find someone published it online. You may find this interesting: http://www.digifail.com/text/bthunting.shtml
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to Hardware