Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by not_essence2 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:06 am
([msg=70733]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Not bad.
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 pm
([msg=70765]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

NewVoxel wrote:Hello everyone.

My name is Alex and I'm an alcoholic.

You. I like you. Welcome to HTS
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by Hadra85 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm
([msg=71032]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Been peeking around here for a few days. but never properly "introduced" myself i suppose.

Its only been about a week that Ive been interested in the world of internet security and hacking.
hopefully i'm not getting myself into too much trouble here when saying this. i was inspired by a group of Guy Fawkes mask wearing hacktivists that are seemingly ready to fight the government on their abusive policies about security.
That being said. im not interested on getting thrown in jail for anything - i do have a family. and i dont agree with all of their ideals.

I'm most interested in how to become as invisible as possible on the internet without turning off the wi-fi :lol:
i also think its important to know the offensive tools to better understand the defensive tools.

i know basic HTML and am focused on going to school to learn C++
Im currently trying to learn this new world of linux, as it seems to be the best platform to perform all these actions.

i intend to properly learn, and then teach. our freedom and security is important. plus i would have never guessed how interesting this side of the internet would be.
"What is locked - can be opened.
What is hidden - can be found.
What is yours - can be mine."
Hadra85
New User
New User

Post by NewVoxel on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm
([msg=71086]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

limdis wrote:You. I like you. Welcome to HTS

I have that effect on people. Do you know how popular I am?.. on the internet!

Hadra85 wrote: i was inspired by a group of Guy Fawkes mask wearing hacktivists that are seemingly ready to fight the government on their abusive policies about security.

Guy Fawkes people are retarded; their idea of protesting/hacktivisioningerderp is just clicking share on a link or start on a DDOS program. If this is really our generations way of getting shit done I weep for humanity.

WE R LEGION! WE DO NOT FORGIVE! WE DO NOT FORGET! EXPECT US! XDXDDDDD
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

And of course... assume your grandmother is not Ada Lovelace.

http://www.newvoxel.com/
NewVoxel
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:49 pm
([msg=71090]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

NewVoxel wrote:WE R LEGION! WE DO NOT FORGIVE! WE DO NOT FORGET! EXPECT US! XDXDDDDD

Funniest thing about it is that no one actually did anything good during all of that. A bunch of people got arrested, some companies lost money, and a few went bankrupt. That's about it.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NewVoxel on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:20 pm
([msg=71091]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Funniest thing about it is that no one actually did anything good during all of that. A bunch of people got arrested, some companies lost money, and a few went bankrupt. That's about it.

Yeah I wouldn't expect much else from a bunch of people just standing around. I don't really have any respect for that form of protest. What happened to the good old riots!?
"Don't include a single line in your code which you could not explain to your grandmother in a matter of two minutes."

NewVoxel
New User
New User

Post by Seung on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm
([msg=71565]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi everyone, I am a 19 year old college student currently majoring in Economics. I've known about hackthissite.org for about 6 years now. I came here at the age of 13, learned basic html, and then left after someone posted a rumor about Starcraft 2.

I became interested in Starcraft 2, looked up the first Starcraft, and then left this site to play almost 5 hours a day for about a year. I really wish I invested my time in this site here but I still love the game to say the least. Fast forward a few years later, I did track, and became a more well-rounded person.

So just a few days ago, a post on reddit, about this 19 year old hacker really revitalized memories of me as a 13 year old trying to learn how to hack. I just thought "wow", this could've been me. In any case, I am happy to be back and I hope to stay here learning about computers and security.

Oh, I am a big fan of Android and I am a die-hard walking dead fan!
Seung
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 pm
([msg=71569]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Yay, a person rejoined from the dead!
However, the atmosphere of this forum might be different, as most mods that have a long HTS history seem to spend half their time recalling the "good ol' days" where apparently this forum was a lot more active. Wish I was there...
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by Seung on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am
([msg=71573]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

not_essence2 wrote:Yay, a person rejoined from the dead!
However, the atmosphere of this forum might be different, as most mods that have a long HTS history seem to spend half their time recalling the "good ol' days" where apparently this forum was a lot more active. Wish I was there...

Any idea as to why this might've happened? Did other hacking sites become popular? In any case, I will be asking question soon haha so I hope they are welcomed.
Seung
New User
New User

Post by NewVoxel on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 am
([msg=71593]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Maybe they just don't know how to take of their nostalgia goggles.

NewVoxel
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone