Website Promoting

Random things go here

Website Promoting

Post by Mro613 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:00 pm
([msg=70090]see Website Promoting[/msg])

Is it ok to promote websites on these forums? Such as being affiliated with a prize-redeeming site (like Prizerebel)?
Mro613
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Website Promoting

Post by weekend hacker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 am
([msg=70093]see Re: Website Promoting[/msg])

You can put websites you are affiliated with in your forum signature. But please try to avoid these prize-redeeming sites like prizerebel, most are scams or just annoying. Prizerebel itself have mixed reviews, but in such cases I choose to go for the bad ones. (a good scam works at least some of the time to make sure people keep coming back)
Blatant advertising is frowned upon.(example, stuff with a referrer code)
But you'll find for example moderators with links to other sites they're part of in their forum signature.

So general rule; if you own a site, are part of an other community or simply a big fan then go for it. If our clicks are meant to give you some kind of personal gain, avoid it.

Welcome to HTS, have fun and keep it legal ^^
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mro613 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:31 pm
([msg=70101]see Re: Website Promoting[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:But please try to avoid these prize-redeeming sites like prizerebel, most are scams or just annoying. Prizerebel itself have mixed reviews, but in such cases I choose to go for the bad ones. (a good scam works at least some of the time to make sure people keep coming back)
Blatant advertising is frowned upon.(example, stuff with a referrer code)

I actually use Prizerebel. I've ordered a number of stuff from them and it was all shipped to me (no scam at all! :D ). But I understand where you're coming from. I was actually planning on posting a referral link along with a description of the prize-redeeming sites I use. But since you said I can't do that, I won't. Best to be warned now, than be scolded later (and receiving a punishment alongside; such as being banned, etc.) Thanks

Also, speaking more on promoting, is it ok that I promote my Youtube channel and/or videos on these forums?
Mro613
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm
([msg=70102]see Re: Website Promoting[/msg])

Mro613 wrote:Also, speaking more on promoting, is it ok that I promote my Youtube channel and/or videos on these forums?

Thanks for asking first instead of just spamming links/ads. We appreciate that. To answer your question we encourage every member to contribute to the community if they choose. Though we prefer it be related to what we are about. People come here to learn how to hack and discuss techniques. If you are making videos in the tech/hacking field then it's ok. Just as long as you don't make a new post for every single video. However, if your channel is just a vlog about random stuff then it won't be received warmly. Not just by the staff, but by the members. Considering it is your content, I suppose you could always make a post in Off-Topic and see what people think. That is if it's not related.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Off-Topic