Limdis' Doxing Mission --CHALLENGE DOWN--

This is the place for ALL of the user submitted challenges. If you create a little challenge/mission/riddle/whatever, post it here.
Forum rules
Do not post missions that you did NOT create without proper citing.

Limdis' Doxing Mission --CHALLENGE DOWN--

Post by limdis on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 pm
([msg=69970]see Limdis' Doxing Mission --CHALLENGE DOWN--[/msg])

Ok so the last portion of the challenge has been destroyed due to a particular website being taken down. That means the mission is down until further notice... Sucks I know. But I'm going to have to create new content and change links in order to get this back up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTS Staff,
I am a freelance private investigator and I represent a client who was recently a victim of identity theft. Being that I specialize in physical investigations I would like to ask if you could assist me in tracking this individual down from the digital side. HTS has a reputation for taking great care in keeping things quiet and entirely anonymous. My client wishes to handle this situation in their own way so this will not come back to the site. My research on this matter has led me to believe that the hacker may be a member here, though according to his profile he has not been active in some time. I would like to ask if you could pass this username to some of your trusted and skilled members to see if anything comes up that might assist me in tracking this individual down. Thank you in advance for your support.

Alright HTS let’s help this guy out. You know the drill; Usernames, Emails, Hometown, Real Name, Birthday, Phone Number, Pictures, and any other juicy information.

Target: 1amtinytim

Verify if this individual is involved in anyway. Follow any lead. But stay quiet. We are not to get directly involved. Do NOT contact this person! We are to only collect data and pass it off the PI. Remember, ID thieves can be tricky. Don’t believe what you first see. He has likely planted false information to protect himself. Finally, see if the stolen information can be recovered.
Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mission is designed to teach some basic doxing techniques and to show just how easy (and some cases quickly) someone can collect information on you. Once you know what can be found, you will learn how to keep that information private. To which I encourage everyone to dox themselves after completing the mission to see just what kind of fingerprint you have.
You will not need to SE for this mission.
You will get to hack into one location, and it will be obvious what that will be once you get there.
Please do not hack into any of the accounts found; as it is not needed for this mission and will lead to a dead end anyway. Additionally, if I lose control I won’t be able to make updates/fixes. Don’t ruin it for everyone else. Finally, if you made a mistake in your search the account you are hacking might not belong to me.
Also, because I cannot control what other websites do if at any time an issue arises that may prevent completion, PM me and I will make fixes. I will be sure to inform everyone if any significant updates happen.
Do not download anything! As I have not set up the mission to require any direct downloads.
Upon completion of the mission you will find a personal congratulatory message from me and be able to list your HTS nick for credit.

This will also be the discussion thread for the time being. Please don’t post spoilers but feel free to ask questions and assist others. Enjoy.

I have left a lot of room to expand this challenge to integrate more advanced techniques in the future and I would absolutely love to do so if you guys/gals like it and want it to continue.

Required:
- Google
- Email address
- Extreme attention to detail (take notes). Go slow.
- Treat this like a real life scenario. Protect yourself. You may need to create dummy accounts.

No idea what doxing is? See here:
https://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1107/

Users Completed:
Centip3de
Shade_of_Gray
TomVercetti813
mShred
fashizzlepop
Debus7
DarkDexter

Last update: 11/09/2012 - fixed spam filter preventing completion (again), adjustments to mission text, altered chat log, various small items throughout mission
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:05 pm
([msg=69975]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

peace brother!
so i jumped right into this one and am having a blast...think i'm finding some things... ;) but i guess my question is what specifically is required to consider this challenge successfully completed? is there something in particular i'm supposed to do or am i just trying to find out as much as possible? any feedback is truly appreciated!
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:11 pm
([msg=69976]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:so i jumped right into this one and am having a blast...think i'm finding some things... ;) but i guess my question is what specifically is required to consider this challenge successfully completed? is there something in particular i'm supposed to do or am i just trying to find out as much as possible? any feedback is truly appreciated!

Good question. After a lot of testing I concluded that with a mission as fluid as this one having a traditional submission system will be very hard to implement. So I came up with a better idea that I'm sure everyone is going to love. To answer your question; you'll just have to keep digging! There is an entire story behind this. Continue to connect the dots and follow leads. You'll know when you reach the end ;)
limdis

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:35 pm
([msg=69984]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

:shock: :mrgreen:
this seems like its gonna be soooooo fun!!! but tricky :? okay i think i understand what you mean...um, but what then is considered a spoiler...if i get stuck can i post things i think i've found ie real names, hometowns, usernames, etc as long as i don't mention specifically HOW i got there?

peace
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 pm
([msg=69985]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:this seems like its gonna be soooooo fun!!! but tricky :? okay i think i understand what you mean...um, but what then is considered a spoiler...if i get stuck can i post things i think i've found ie real names, hometowns, usernames, etc as long as i don't mention specifically HOW i got there?

Right you can say what you have just don't say specifically exactly what it is. Either myself or someone who has finished should be able to figure out where you are by what information you have gotten so far.
Example: I have 2 email addresses and I know the phone number. Now stuck.
limdis

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm
([msg=69986]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

ok thanks man! :mrgreen:

this mission, swisher sweets, and a 4L bottle of burgundy is gonna be my entire saturday night now, LMAO!
peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 pm
([msg=69988]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

Finished, fun challenge man! Can't wait to see the next one :)
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by fire_ball on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 am
([msg=70025]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

Is it just for me, or is the HBH site down?
Is it relevent?
fire_ball
New User
New User

Post by limdis on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 pm
([msg=70045]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

fire_ball wrote:Is it just for me, or is the HBH site down?
Is it relevent?

I've double checked everything. Seems to be working fine.
limdis

Post by roselovesyellowroses on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:38 am
([msg=70053]see Re: Limdis' Doxing Mission[/msg])

I dont have the slightest clue how to start this but it looks like its going to be a challenge :D
I look forward to trying
'Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.'
roselovesyellowroses
New User
New User

Next

Return to User Submitted