Cam Site Question

General technological topics without their own forum go here

Cam Site Question

Post by Muscles05 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 am
([msg=69965]see Cam Site Question[/msg])

Hello,

I am just beginning in the world of hacking, I was wondering if it were possible to hack a cam site? I've seen glitches in them before, but it seems it would almost be impossible to replicate. Any help would be appreciated, I can provide further detail if anyone is interested.
Muscles05
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cam Site Question

Post by WallShadow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:17 am
([msg=69966]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

What do you mean by 'hack a cam site'? That request could be interpreted in numerous ways. You can crack the password and gain administrator access, you can find a vulnerability in the protocols and perform command injection or upload files without permission. You can play around with the web structure and design a method for monitoring every single cam at the same time.

you can also use the cam site to perform the same attacks on any of the computers that are using the cams, depending on the site's security implementations and your own abilities.

So tell us op, what exactly do you want to do?

oh, and before i forget:

Disclaimer :
HackThisSite does not support illegal activities.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Muscles05 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm
([msg=69989]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

I would be interested in gaining administrator access and finding a vulnerability. The site in particular I am speaking of requires payment to view cams, but in the past the site has glitched to where you could view cams without the site itself charging you.

I found it to be amazing and it sparked me into wondering how such a thing was possible and could go unnoticed, the event inspired me to want to further my knowledge in coding and learning how to do so.

Thank You
Muscles05
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:31 pm
([msg=69990]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

Muscles05 wrote:I would be interested in gaining administrator access and finding a vulnerability. The site in particular I am speaking of requires payment to view cams, but in the past the site has glitched to where you could view cams without the site itself charging you.

I found it to be amazing and it sparked me into wondering how such a thing was possible and could go unnoticed, the event inspired me to want to further my knowledge in coding and learning how to do so.

Thank You

Remaining vague enough for it to be legal, I like it. Anyway, in order to gain administrator privileges, you'll need to find an exploit in the site itself. To learn enough about exploits to go about knowing what you're basically doing, try out the missions here, and pick up learning a programming language or two, it'll help.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by NoviceBlackout on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 am
([msg=69998]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Remaining vague enough for it to be legal, I like it.

I don't quite think that it was vague on purpose ;)

Unfortunately Muscles05, nobody here is going to spoon-feed you on how to hack a specific site. There is plenty of learning material on this site (and Google) for you to learn how to do it yourself.
NoviceBlackout
New User
New User

Post by Muscles05 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am
([msg=70028]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

lol it was vague on purpose, I have gone through the missions here. All I am really in search for is a starting place and if learning a specific code is that starting place then I will do so.
Muscles05
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:03 pm
([msg=70058]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

As a former cam site owner, I'll tell you there are loads of different systems used.
In itself its no different then any other site although some things are often kinda.. hacked together.
Also remember that a lot of sites are simply front ends of OTHER sites, using their api(or simply frames).
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Muscles05 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm
([msg=70078]see Re: Cam Site Question[/msg])

Yes, I have notice with the site in question there's many duplicate sites leading to the same content. I was always under the impression they would be much harder to manipulate.
Muscles05
New User
New User

Return to General