A nasty flash virus

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

A nasty flash virus

Post by jack08642qa on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 pm
([msg=69935]see A nasty flash virus[/msg])

I was at armor games.com and saw a cool looking new game someone uploaded and when I tried to play it, of course it worked and the game was cool but when I finally completed the game as I had nothing else to do at that time it asked If I wanted to save my score so I could start the game again with the score I already got so I clicked ok and right after that suddenly the page refreshed and said I wasn't allowed to go on the Internet then suddenly a very strange anti virus popped up which was never on my computer before and it completely locked me out of the Internet, my administrator account, task manager and locked me out of ResEdit and command prompt plus it disabled my anti virus and whenever I tried to start my anti virus it popped up in its place as my default anti virus

Soon this new anti virus said I had over 2,000 virus on my computer and said that my C: drive was infected and wanted to delete this but It asked for 200$ to activate it first

It took me forever to delete this fake anti virus with the help of a tech forum but there was 1 part I could never get rid of, the fake anti virus's legacy a weak google redirect virus which whatever I tried I couldn't get rid of it but it is weak so it not that much of a new seance

And Gus what? Armor games did remove this game a few days later and banned the user who uploaded it

So always be careful even if its a flash game
jack08642qa
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: A nasty flash virus

Post by WallShadow on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 pm
([msg=69936]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

Hmmm, are you sure it was the flash game that did it? Although I do believe you, such malware is often distributed through ads and not games. In any case, ya, rogue-anti-viruses are a bitch to fight with. As for the google redirect, try uninstalling your browser and reinstalling it (make sure you have a way to reinstall it before you uninstall it).
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jack08642qa on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 pm
([msg=69937]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

It is all my browsers even a new one I downloaded and it redirects yahoo and bing results as well but this redirect virus only redirects for about 5 times each page load so it is a weak virus

And I am sure it came from that flash game as it started right after allowed the flash game to download the game score to my computer
jack08642qa
New User
New User

Post by tremor77 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm
([msg=69939]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

Try downloading and using CCCleaner to clean up temp, cookies, registry etc.. and see if that fixes your problem. I'd also scan with MBam to see if you are truly out of the woods.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jack08642qa on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 pm
([msg=69941]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

tried it already when I started a post at that same tech forum about this redirect virus and they had me try everything but nothing worked and this virus doesn't bother me that much as it does its job poorly but trust me I have tried a lot to get rid of this its just that I have a lot of stuff on this current computer and don't want to lose it so I won't do a factory reset
jack08642qa
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 pm
([msg=69944]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

You can also try combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Before you run you should read the instructions.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by tremor77 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 pm
([msg=69945]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

HAve you tried a program called "ComboFix" yet? I usually don't suggest it except for a last resort because if you don't know what your doing you can hose your box.

-- oh snap, ninja'd by logical by like 5 seconds.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 pm
([msg=69946]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

lol couldn't have planned that better.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by jack08642qa on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 pm
([msg=69947]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

yes they had me try that
jack08642qa
New User
New User

Post by WallShadow on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:37 pm
([msg=69955]see Re: A nasty flash virus[/msg])

wait, if its present in all browsers no matter what, maybe its a DNS hack? check your hosts file and then check your DNS settings. Might be a malicious redirect somewhere in there.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Malware