Hacking Facebook

Random things go here

Re: Hacking Facebook

Post by tuxtheevilpenguin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 am
([msg=69882]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

I don't live with him anymore, nor do I talk to him. As far as being "loud" it dosen't get louder than changing the password for the account you broke into, with your real IP address connected to the actions.
tuxtheevilpenguin
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by tremor77 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am
([msg=69906]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

1 - Doxing someone well enough to gain access to their FB account through a reasonable dictionary attack of possible passwords is a pretty decent hack. It's not as technically sound and finding some exploit, but it shows the proper hacker mentality that, research before your make the attempt is very important.

2 - Hacking FB accounts is extremely easy, a lot of people fall for the "update your account information" phishing page.

3 - I use Facebook to track people all the time. People's willingness to "Friend" and join a chat with anyone who messages them is crazy. You can netstat while using FB chat, it's a p2p connection, and grab an IP.

4 - All of the above don't matter in reference to the OP.. most people just suck in general and "hacking" is way too loosely used.

5 - @Weekend about gaming: I yell at my skiddies who play on my servers and/or are part of any of my clans/guilds when they use "cheats". What a lot of them don't realize, is when you get an aimbot or some type of hack client for a game from hackforums or some other source.. you're basically letting yourself get truly hacked.. or becoming part of a botnet.. this is why i stress.. if you're going to cheat at a game.. please please.. pretty please, code you're own hacks..
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 am
([msg=69910]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:You can netstat while using FB chat, it's a p2p connection, and grab an IP.

:shock:

tremor77 wrote:5 - @Weekend about gaming: I yell at my skiddies who play on my servers and/or are part of any of my clans/guilds when they use "cheats". What a lot of them don't realize, is when you get an aimbot or some type of hack client for a game from hackforums or some other source.. you're basically letting yourself get truly hacked.. or becoming part of a botnet.. this is why i stress.. if you're going to cheat at a game.. please please.. pretty please, code you're own hacks..

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by tremor77 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 pm
([msg=69948]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

^ it's true.. that's what I do... and that dude even looks a bit like me.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pretentious on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am
([msg=69950]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:You can netstat while using FB chat, it's a p2p connection, and grab an IP.

That is interesting
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:55 am
([msg=70431]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:3 - I use Facebook to track people all the time. People's willingness to "Friend" and join a chat with anyone who messages them is crazy. You can netstat while using FB chat, it's a p2p connection, and grab an IP.

I've been testing this this morning. Failed so far.
limdis

Post by mShred on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am
([msg=70433]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:...believe that you can 'launch a nuclear war by whistling into a telephone'

Ha, you.
limdis wrote:I've been testing this this morning. Failed so far.

I'm kinda tempted to try this. Maybe I will this weekend. If anyone wants to go ahead and drop me a link to their facebook accounts, we can work something out. Feel free to leave your bank account info as well, we can try that too.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by limdis on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:05 am
([msg=70434]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

I was just doing the harmless hey how is your day going etc etc to get the connection going. Already have the IP address from an email so I thought to myself I should see it quickly it works. Alas no luck.
limdis

Post by mShred on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:07 am
([msg=70435]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

Perhaps they've put a fix on it since it's been discovered? I feel like Facebook would cover little things like that up. Imma have to do me some googling on the matter later.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by tremor77 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm
([msg=70442]see Re: Hacking Facebook[/msg])

try shutting off just about everything you can and just have facebook open.. open a chat with a person. In another window run netstat or equivalent - perhaps a nice GUI might work better than the mess that is netstat. Grab the IP's, filter out the ones you know.. dns, your own, maybe some services running (netstat is also a good way when your PC is "idle" to determine what spyware you might have running) - the FB chat connection will link directly to your target chatter's IP.. atleast as of no less than 1 month ago.. which was the last time I used it.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic