Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction

Post by Theroyoboyo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm
([msg=69848]see Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction[/msg])

Hi,
My name is Roy and im 13
my hobbies are programming and well hacking and a bit of tennis
i need some help im stuck on realistic level 7 and i am kind of losing my direction so if someone could redirect me to a website to learn the stuff i neeed cause its not fun googling for the answers i want to learn what im doing so for now ill stop trying to solve the missions and i will search for stuff i need to learn before continueing.
im open for suggestions.
P.S please don't flame and start with all those get out of here kid Please be nice thanks
P.S.S why do i have a warning?
If we have brains in our heads and feet in our shoes we can steer our life wherever we chose
- Dr.Suess

Do or don't do there is no try cause if you don't shoot 100% of your shots will be misses
Theroyoboyo
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 pm
([msg=69851]see Re: Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction[/msg])

Theroyoboyo wrote:Hi,
My name is Roy and im 13
i need some help im stuck on realistic level 7 and i am kind of losing my direction so if someone could redirect me to a website to learn the stuff i neeed cause its not fun googling for the answers i want to learn what im doing so for now ill stop trying to solve the missions and i will search for stuff i need to learn before continueing.
im open for suggestions.
P.S please don't flame and start with all those get out of here kid Please be nice thanks

1st: We have an 'Introduce Yourself' thread in the NZone
2nd: We have subforum's for all of the missions
3rd: You're going to have to become a fan of Googling for the answers, that's the only way to learn this stuff. None of us are going to spoon-feed you all the answers
4th: If you haven't noticed, we never flame people if they do things correctly, don't ask us to spoon-feed them, and aren't asking us to do illegal things for them
5th: You're going to want to make your English more readable. Though it's pretty clear what you're asking right now, grammar and spelling go a very, very, very, long way at being able to understand what you're asking.
6th: Why would any of us know or care why you have a warning? Take that up with the Mod's.
7th: Welcome to HTS
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Theroyoboyo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 pm
([msg=69852]see Re: Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction[/msg])

centip3de wrote:
My name is Roy and im 13
im open for suggestions.

1st: We have an 'Introduce Yourself' thread in the NZone
2nd: We have subforum's for all of the missions
3rd: You're going to have to become a fan of Googling for the answers, that's the only way to learn this stuff. None of us are going to spoon-feed you all the answers
4th: If you haven't noticed, we never flame people if they do things correctly, don't ask us to spoon-feed them, and aren't asking us to do illegal things for them
5th: You're going to want to make your English more readable. Though it's pretty clear what you're asking right now, grammar and spelling go a very, very, very, long way at being able to understand what you're asking.
6th: Why would any of us know or care why you have a warning? Take that up with the Mod's.
7th: Welcome to HTS

not that definetion of googling i meant looking up the answer and not learning how to find it you misunderstood me i don't want to be spoon fed i want to learn
If we have brains in our heads and feet in our shoes we can steer our life wherever we chose
- Dr.Suess

Do or don't do there is no try cause if you don't shoot 100% of your shots will be misses
Theroyoboyo
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm
([msg=69854]see Re: Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction[/msg])

Theroyoboyo wrote:not that definetion of googling i meant looking up the answer and not learning how to find it

Wut?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 pm
([msg=69861]see Re: Hi im new to Hack this site and this is my introduction[/msg])

My name is Roy and im 13
im open for suggestions.

The reason you have a warning is because your first few posts were useless and unrelated to hacking at all, in the wrong category etc.... There is enough info to find out what you need for realistic 7 here: http://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=803&start=0&sid=5c5c962ce3f048a57b7e71fd05d1bbdb
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by qkken on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:52 pm
([msg=70033]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

hi!
i am 23 years old, study physics, biochemistry and microbiology at the university NTNU in Norway.
in my spare time i usually play games, do schoolwork, watch series or learning new stuff in teh intarweb.
i look forward to being part of this community!
qkken
New User
New User

Post by iiiiichan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm
([msg=70037]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

name's Ian
new here
23 year old computer programmer, employed.

what i want to learn when i graduated high school
C++
C
visual basic
cmd commands ( the commands that relates hacking )
hacking
html
javascript
networking

what i have learned after
c
c++
visualbasic
html
javascript
some networking stuffs
some cmd stuffs
eclipse
still taking online courses on python, c#, cryptography manged to find free online courses (coursera.org)
tried microsoft XNA

still wanting to learn hacking badly.. want to be a whitehack..
iiiiichan
New User
New User

Post by weekend hacker on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am
([msg=70056]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi!
I'm 24 years old, member since 04?ish(only on weekends) staff some 6 months after that(re-aquired my own internet connection) and an admin since 2007
I'm a full time student electronics and finishing my previous degree in computer science in night classes(seems silly not to finish since I passed all my classes)

I like:
privacy
security
programming random things
procrastination
and robots

I'd like to know more about:
computer learning
electronics
neural networks

Ultimate goal:
create a robot that can replace me

I've not been active on the forums since last time things got messed up. You could usually find me on irc or might have been referred to me if you had account troubles. Although I plan to be much more active on this (important) part of the community you probably won't see me make any official statements or attempts at moderation(we have an awesome mod team for this).

I'd like to welcome all folks in the above(and below) posts and hope you'll re-welcome me to this side of the site aswell.
<Yoda> if someone says something i don't like, i ban him, ban whoever defends him, and then ban the witnesses...
weekend hacker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WallShadow on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm
([msg=70061]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

weekend hacker wrote:I'd like to welcome all folks in the above(and below) posts and hope you'll re-welcome me to this side of the site aswell.

Awww, how cute <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roselovesyellowroses on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 pm
([msg=70062]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi :)
I don't really know how to introduce myself so I'm just going to list things I like
maths, science, coding, reading, security, games, guitar and I'm sure lots of other things that aren't coming to mind right now or else I would be pretty boring :D
'Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.'
roselovesyellowroses
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone