MAC RAT - Keylogger

The constant threat: viruses, trojans, spyware, ... the list goes on

MAC RAT - Keylogger

Post by kittykat07 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm
([msg=69474]see MAC RAT - Keylogger[/msg])

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible if someone could remotely deploy/install a RAT and/or key logger on a MAC? I have read about remote install RAT's & Key loggers for PC's but haven't heard of any that could be remotely deployed on a MAC...
kittykat07
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: MAC RAT - Keylogger

Post by Springynull on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:14 pm
([msg=69536]see Re: MAC RAT - Keylogger[/msg])

Yes There is a Mac Rat that is based on java. It is called IncognitoRAT. It can also run on Linux and Windows systems so it is basically an all around RAT(Remote Administrative Tool). This RAT has been around for the last year. I tested it out on my mac so it does work. It has a lot of cool features you can read about at the link at the bottom of this post. The only disappointment is it isn't FREE which sucks.You may have to contact Mr. Incognito at http://www.hackforums.net
Hope this helped!

Here is the link to were i found it. http://boingboing.net/2011/05/09/incognitorat-java-ba.html
Springy has sprung into the chat!
Springynull
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:23 pm
([msg=69537]see Re: MAC RAT - Keylogger[/msg])

kittykat07 wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible if someone could remotely deploy/install a RAT and/or key logger on a MAC? I have read about remote install RAT's & Key loggers for PC's but haven't heard of any that could be remotely deployed on a MAC...

Of course there are, Mac OS X isn't anymore secure than Windows is (in fact, because of the idea that it is somehow more innately secure, people do more stupid shit when using OS X making them more susceptible to things such as RAT's). Just look for them, they're out there.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by henson on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:43 am
([msg=69597]see Re: MAC RAT - Keylogger[/msg])

I have heard that there are remote keylogger for PC, but I am afraid that there aren't any mac keylogger can be remotely installed.
henson
New User
New User

Post by Bluerosen on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm
([msg=69710]see Re: MAC RAT - Keylogger[/msg])

Aobo software is said to release remote keylogger for mac in the near future. you could subscribe their daily news.
aobo.cc
Bluerosen
New User
New User

Return to Malware