Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though

Post by Jones_The_Hobgoblin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:17 pm
([msg=69571]see Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though[/msg])

Checking my mail, yadayadayda. When I see this bullshit:

From: Department of Homeland Security (interpolunitjfk@aol.com)
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
NEW YORK FIELD OFFICE
26 Federal Plaza
9th Floor, Suite 9-110
New York, NY 10278
Phone: (347) 921-0082

We, the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) hereby write to inform you that we stopped a courier personal by the name Mrs. Annie Bradshaw at (John Kennedy International Airport) here in New York with a consignment box filled with cash valued at US$10,500,000:00 (Ten Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).
In the course of our interview and investigation on the courier personal she said that the consignment box belongs to you and that she was sent by a Chris Benton to come deliver the consignment box to you not knowing that the content of the box is cash in U.S Dollar bills.

Now, this courier lady is under detention and custody of the office of (DHS) security at JFK airport N.Y, and we cannot release her until we carry out our proper investigation on how this huge amount of money managed to be yours. So, in this regards you are to reassure and prove to us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending us the Ownership Clearance Certificate showing that the money is not illegal. Note, that the Ownership Clearance Certificate must to be secured from the country where the money originated from in this case Nigeria and must be signed by head of the Nigerian Senate.

You are advised to forward immediately the Ownership Clearance Certificate if you have it with you, but if you do not have it, we urge you to contact back the sender of Annie Bradshaw to help you secure the Award Ownership Certificate if at all you do not have it.
Below is the contact information of the person that sent Mrs. Annie Bradshaw as provided by her;

Name: Chris Benton
Email: chrisbenton@superposta.com or risbent@yahoo.com
Phone: 011-2348180166717

Furthermore, we are giving you only but 3 working business days to forward the requested Ownership Clearance Certificate. Please note that we shall get back to you after the 3 working business days, and if you don't come up with the certificate we shall confiscate the funds into the government account then charge you for money laundering and smuggling of currencies as stipulated in the United States Patriot Act bill on money laundering related activities, signed into law (P.L.107-56) by President Bush on October 26, 2001 and the United Nations Chatter on money laundering., but if you forward the Ownership Clearance Certificate then we will release courier lady to come deliver to you your consignment box also gives you every back up on the money.
Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Yours Truly,

Special Agent Danny Bray

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
NEW YORK FIELD OFFICE

Aside from the fact that google translate seems to be involved, this isn't hardly funny. These scammers prey on the old and the stupid by threatening criminal charges.

I don't suppose anyone here!, would know what to do with an address for evildoers?
Jones_The_Hobgoblin
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 pm
([msg=69572]see Re: Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though[/msg])

I'd call it up with a burn number. Some new app for phones that is out. Basically from what I understand you can get arbitrary numbers that I guess would be untraceable. Then when you done with the number you jsut burn it. Link provided below:

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/burn-after-calling-disposable-phone-numbers.php
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Jones_The_Hobgoblin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 pm
([msg=69573]see Re: Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though[/msg])

Go for it :)
I'm on android here.

To a nigerian prince, I guess it would be untraceable.
Jones_The_Hobgoblin
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:53 pm
([msg=69575]see Re: Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though[/msg])

lol all good. Would be funny to fuck with these annoying assholes though.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Jones_The_Hobgoblin on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 am
([msg=69607]see Re: Got an EVIL! scam in my inbox. It has contact info though[/msg])

Told Homeland Security someone is pretending to be them.
It's their problem now.
Jones_The_Hobgoblin
New User
New User

Return to Social Engineering