Need Help With Batch Script

For the discussion of Perl, Python, Ruby, and PHP and other interpreted languages.

Re: Need Help With Batch Script

Post by tremor77 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 am
([msg=68952]see Re: Need Help With Batch Script[/msg])

Could try this: http://runasservice.sourceforge.net/

Otherwise use "SC" but I think you'd need to convert the batch file to an executable.
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by jadecook on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:20 pm
([msg=68955]see Re: Need Help With Batch Script[/msg])

Haha, why!? Did you get it to work!?
jadecook
Experienced User
Experienced User

BatchBatchBatchBatchBatchBatchBatch

Post by WallShadow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 am
([msg=68974]see BatchBatchBatchBatchBatchBatchBatch[/msg])

Finally... GAH

I've got it working to a very fine point, e-mail me at WallShadow.HTS@gmail.com and I will send you an email back with the files attached and a set of instructions on how to use it. Anyone else who also wants to check it out as well, you're welcome to e-mail me about it.

Now sleep.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

<3 <3 <3

edit:

And thanks for the tip tremor, but unfortunately batch files aren't designed to work as services, even after being converted to an executable, they don't work that way unfortunately. Though the tip did get me very interested in the designing of services, and I will definitely look into it in the next couple of days.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 pm
([msg=68994]see Re: Need Help With Batch Script[/msg])

Honestly batch files for this kind of job is not efficient. You could have also written it in many other languages. But for something simple using something more versatile but still natural to windows would have been better. Kudos on getting it done though, that's why we do it after all. I'm still interested in seeing the code though, post it on paste bin then link it or just post the code in tags in a post if you want. That's a really good way to learn and revise it. I've done it before in the c and c++ category. Got some ideas that would have taken me longer to come up with on my own.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by WallShadow on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:33 pm
([msg=68996]see Re: Need Help With Batch Script[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Honestly batch files for this kind of job is not efficient. You could have also written it in many other languages. But for something simple using something more versatile but still natural to windows would have been better. Kudos on getting it done though, that's why we do it after all. I'm still interested in seeing the code though, post it on paste bin then link it or just post the code in tags in a post if you want. That's a really good way to learn and revise it. I've done it before in the c and c++ category. Got some ideas that would have taken me longer to come up with on my own.

As this actually isn't just one file, it's actually a number of files all supporting 1 main one. This is the link to it: http://www.filedropper.com/loguser_1 . If the link doesn't work i apologize and will re-upload it somewhere else. It's a .rar file with the folder with all the files in it. There is a readme.txt for how to install it and what not. It is completely programmed in batch files but I've had to compile one of them into a .exe in order to make it run invisibly on startup. If you are fearful of the .exe, there are instructions how to bypass the .exe in readme.txt however that will make the program visible to the user when it starts up. All source files are included. Copy and share all you want, it's a free country.

-WallShadow <3
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Interpreted Languages