DyKnow Stopper

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: DyKnow Stopper

Post by WallShadow on Sat May 12, 2012 11:58 am
([msg=66292]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

Sure it could be done, but I still don't have the privileges to kill process running at a System level.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by cyberdrain on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:58 pm
([msg=68750]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

I don't want to intrude, but can't you just start the laptop with a linux distro and get the admin hash that way?
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by WallShadow on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:00 pm
([msg=68751]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

Do you have a linux distro that boots from a flash drive? the laptop doesn't have a cd drive, and I've never had any luck with setting up bootable removable devices.

Fyi, this is PRETTY darn old.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by edone automaton on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 am
([msg=68754]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

WallShadow wrote:Do you have a linux distro that boots from a flash drive?

Take your pick. Something like zenwalk or puppy are very small and quick to boot on old systems, they're not the nicest distros for everyday usage but will fit on very small flash drives. Of course, there's good old backtrack.

WallShadow wrote:the laptop doesn't have a cd drive, and I've never had any luck with setting up bootable removable devices.

Fyi, this is PRETTY darn old.

That is more likely to be your problem, I come across a fair amount of old stuff that has no option in the bios to boot from a peripheral. how about a dual boot?
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by cyberdrain on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:29 am
([msg=68755]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

I'm not sure he meant the computer. Have you found a solution yet?

And yes, I have Backtrack installed on an SD card, so that I can boot my netbook. Is better too, as I don't have to worry about setting anything up, while still maintaining a 'normal' booting windows computer. I used it to try some (own) wireless network cracking and playing around with some of the programs. On another flash-drive I used to have Ubuntu and DBAN, but those got lost/removed along the way. I used unetbootin combined with a downloaded ISO, never got the built-in option to work (of unetbootin).

When having the 'OS not found' problem, you should copy a working bootloader or format a USB drive to be bootable using the HP utility. Those always worked when I didn't get them to work. Either that or your BIOS is incorrectly configured.
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by WallShadow on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 am
([msg=68757]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:That is more likely to be your problem, I come across a fair amount of old stuff that has no option in the bios to boot from a peripheral. how about a dual boot?

That's not what I really meant. What I meant is that I never found a way to format my removable drive to work as a boot-able device. I guess its just me being lazy really, so thanks, I'll probably get on it in the next few days.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by XxPhantom117xX on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm
([msg=70797]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

Well there is an alternative that I have thought of although I have not finished programming it. Depending on how DyKnow appears in the taskmanager dictates how it would be created for instance, on my computer it comes up as a random string of 8 lowercase letters. You could always create a random letter generator in python and have the output be put into a looping taskkill that puts .exe at the end; thus essentially stopping it.
But if it comes up as monitor.exe you just write an extremely basic program using DOS it would look like this:

@Echo off
:A
taskkill /im monitor.exe
goto :A

but as it is for most of us it comes up as a string of letters. so python should be used for this. I am working on writing the program, I just need to fix a few errors.
XxPhantom117xX
New User
New User

Post by not_essence2 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:16 pm
([msg=70803]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

Here's the thing for us: They do use a monitoring program, however, I haven't bothered to find out what it was yet. However, they've blocked of command prompt and probably no code from a regular user will activate unless we save it in AppData, which is, of course, hidden (But that's not really a problem).
not_essence2
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 pm
([msg=70807]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

XxPhantom117xX wrote:Well there is an alternative that I have thought of although I have not finished programming it. Depending on how DyKnow appears in the taskmanager dictates how it would be created for instance, on my computer it comes up as a random string of 8 lowercase letters. You could always create a random letter generator in python and have the output be put into a looping taskkill that puts .exe at the end; thus essentially stopping it.
But if it comes up as monitor.exe you just write an extremely basic program using DOS it would look like this:

@Echo off
:A
taskkill /im monitor.exe
goto :A

but as it is for most of us it comes up as a string of letters. so python should be used for this. I am working on writing the program, I just need to fix a few errors.

Please don't necro old posts when the OP is obviously either gone, or has his answer. Also, you do realize how long it would take to come up with the right combination of letters, right? Assuming you ONLY have lower-case letters in your string, there are 26 different letters in possibly 8 different places. 26(letters)^8(different places) = 208,827,064,576. Assuming your cracker works at a rate of 1 key-word per second (you still have to wait for Windows to check for the process, and return to you), it would take you approximately 6,617 years to complete (give or take a couple thousand).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Shade_of_Gray on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 am
([msg=70817]see Re: DyKnow Stopper[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Please don't necro old posts when the OP is obviously either gone, or has his answer. Also, you do realize how long it would take to come up with the right combination of letters, right? Assuming you ONLY have lower-case letters in your string, there are 26 different letters in possibly 8 different places. 26(letters)^8(different places) = 208,827,064,576. Assuming your cracker works at a rate of 1 key-word per second (you still have to wait for Windows to check for the process, and return to you), it would take you approximately 6,617 years to complete (give or take a couple thousand).

And that's assuming you don't accidentally kill explorer.exe, which also has 8 lowercase letters. Or [insert vital system process here].
Shade_of_Gray
Experienced User
Experienced User

Previous

Return to Networking