*ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]]

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

*ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]]

Post by mookalovesgloop on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm
([msg=68730]see *ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]][/msg])

peace!

well to make a long story short, i've been trying my hand at making web pages (suuuuuuuper elementary stuff nothing more than a single heading and paragraph) and i'm positive that i've got the format and file extensions right, but every time i try to open the page in a browser, it comes up showing every single tag i've been making the pages in works wp because my notepad and wordpad don't give me an option to save as html, htm or anything....is there a particular page setup i need to use? i've been trying to find answers on my own, but i'm stuck in the stone ages...still using xp...any help/insight/feedback is seriously appreciated cause i'm totally feeling like IR idjut at the moment! :oops:

peace and blessings
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: *ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]]

Post by centip3de on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 pm
([msg=68731]see Re: *ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]][/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:peace!

well to make a long story short, i've been trying my hand at making web pages (suuuuuuuper elementary stuff nothing more than a single heading and paragraph) and i'm positive that i've got the format and file extensions right, but every time i try to open the page in a browser, it comes up showing every single tag i've been making the pages in works wp because my notepad and wordpad don't give me an option to save as html, htm or anything....is there a particular page setup i need to use? i've been trying to find answers on my own, but i'm stuck in the stone ages...still using xp...any help/insight/feedback is seriously appreciated cause i'm totally feeling like IR idjut at the moment! :oops:

peace and blessings
mooka

There should be a small pull down menu on Notepad that allows you to save a file under any extension; from what I remember, it's called "Save As Type", and the type you want to choose is "All Files (*.*)". Then, just add your extension to your file name, and you should be set.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:45 pm
([msg=68741]see Re: *ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]][/msg])

What cent said, or you can chose save as and when the window comes up and asks you where to save it, just put the file name with a .html extension in double quotes "tesFile.html" then save.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by mookalovesgloop on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 pm
([msg=68744]see Re: *ahem* excuse me, please [[total n00b alert!!]][/msg])

omg centipede, if my error was just that simple to fix i might facepalm myself to death!!! going to try now...thanks so much for the quick response

on a different note, have the forums changed or is it just me?

peace and blessings
mooka

-- Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 pm --

that's all i needed to do....thanks again so much y'all!! :mrgreen:
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Return to NZone