TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2

Post by kingasmk on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 am
([msg=68491]see TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

Hi guys 8-)

here is a great article that discuss packet sniffer and TCPdump Usage
its the 2nd part from packet sniffer tutorial i hope you like and share it too
here are the links
1st part of tutorial
http://www.itsec4all.com/2012/07/packet-sniffer-and-manual-packet.html
2st part of tutorial
http://www.itsec4all.com/2012/08/tcpdump-usage-packet-sniffer-tutorial.html
Last edited by kingasmk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingasmk
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2

Post by centip3de on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:05 pm
([msg=68501]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

kingasmk wrote:quote
Hi guys 8-)

here is a great article that discuss packet sniffer and TCPdump Usage
its the 2nd part from packet sniffer tutorial i hope you like and share it too
here is the link http://www.itsec4all.com/2012/08/tcpdump-usage-packet-sniffer-tutorial.html

Whatever happened to part 1? Seems like there should be a beginning.

Also, wasn't it already covered that promoting your (as this is the only thing you post about, I'm assuming it's your site) site like crazy is generally something to avoid? I'm pretty sure you already made 3 other threads linking to different articles all on this site...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by kingasmk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 am
([msg=68542]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

kingasmk wrote:I'm pretty sure you already made 3 other threads linking to different articles all on this site...

iam sorry because your prediction was wrong , but by the way yeah this is my website , but i wrote a new article and i wanna share it with HTS community.thats it , is there something wrong with that?!
kingasmk
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:45 pm
([msg=68551]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

We are planning on creating a new category which is just for 3rd party articles and stuff as mentioned above so this will all eventually have a home. Limdis came up with the idea so he should be the one to elaborate on it more. I think you should also include part 1 of this article it would go together better.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:49 pm
([msg=68559]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

kingasmk wrote:iam sorry because your prediction was wrong , but by the way yeah this is my website , but i wrote a new article and i wanna share it with HTS community.thats it , is there something wrong with that?!

What prediction? The 3 post one? No, it was pretty accurate: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9082

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with sharing information with us, in fact, we encourage it as much as physically possible. However, there are better ways to go about doing this; for instance, just initially linking people to the site in a thread, and then updating your signature for each new post you made would work just as well.

LoGiCaL__ wrote:We are planning on creating a new category which is just for 3rd party articles and stuff as mentioned above so this will all eventually have a home. Limdis came up with the idea so he should be the one to elaborate on it more. I think you should also include part 1 of this article it would go together better.

Ha. That's pretty awesome. +1 for Limdis.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by kingasmk on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:08 pm
([msg=68560]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

centip3de wrote:there are better ways to go about doing this; for instance, just initially linking people to the site in a thread, and then updating your signature for each new post you made would work just as well.

instead Criticizes my way , you can suggest some better ways as advice , it will be better

LoGiCaL__ wrote:We are planning on creating a new category which is just for 3rd party articles and stuff as mentioned above so this will all eventually have a home. Limdis came up with the idea so he should be the one to elaborate on it more. I think you should also include part 1 of this article it would go together better.

this is a great idea , about including part1 , you mean in the new cat. after creating or in this post ??
kingasmk
New User
New User

Post by cyberdrain on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:00 pm
([msg=68565]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

kingasmk wrote:instead Criticizes my way , you can suggest some better ways as advice , it will be better
this is a great idea , about including part1 , you mean in the new cat. after creating or in this post ??

If at first you didn't see, read, read again. (If you didn't get that, he actually gave you advice even in the part you quoted) That being said, there is a subsection of the site dedicated to articles. Go to the homepage and click on Articles to the left. Advertising without paying, even if well defended or even when unknowingly doing it, is frowned upon in most communities. Not saying you did, but you have to convince everyone it's not because you like that site and want to promote it to get everyone to join up. In short: be smart about it 8-)
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Addict
Addict

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:01 pm
([msg=68566]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

kingasmk wrote:this is a great idea , about including part1 , you mean in the new cat. after creating or in this post ??

Just post them together for now, we will go through and find as many article threads and move them accordingly once the new category is created. I think it would be more beneficial to have both parts together.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm
([msg=68591]see Re: TCPdump Usage : packet sniffer tutorial part2[/msg])

Right, this will be put into place soon. The idea is to have an easily accessible area to search and find 3rd party articles, PDFs, tutorials, etc. There have been a lot of good links posted in General and other locations that through time have gotten buried never to be seen again. This will also give users another avenue to easily contribute. The articles on the main site will be kept obviously for articles written by HTS users and so will the Useful Stuff section on the main site as well. However, having this section hosted in the forums will also allow discussions on the topic of the articles instead of only just having a link and provide a place for those struggling to find an article on a particular topic to request assistance in finding one; everyone profits. There will be more information announced when it goes into place along with the rules and restrictions.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Return to Networking