ITT-tec

Random things go here

ITT-tec

Post by anarchy420x on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 pm
([msg=68125]see ITT-tec[/msg])

I just attended a meeting with someone at ITT-tec to learn about their school. I got a personal view point, and their view point, but I want to know how the school is from an experienced "non-biased" view point. Have any of you attended ITT-tec (any course)? I would appreciate any discussion about it with explained answers.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: ITT-tec

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm
([msg=68128]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

This was mentioned on the forums not to long ago. While it's not directly linked to your question the end of the following post may be of some help.

http://www.hackthissite.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8576
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm
([msg=68131]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

I think that was the funniest way of telling me I could use the search function. I did some searching around though; What I did find was they have an A+ with the BBB, but the schools are in there individually, so I don't think it's entirely a fair score. They are accredited by the BBB also. I have read a lot of mixed reviews though, so it's really confusing. I am thinking that a Community College would be better, but I wanted to get an opinion from some people that might have gone there.

From what I've read, your skills and what you have to offer is more important than the school, but I have seen people that completely dislike it. The most troubling issue is that they are a profit organization, while other schools are non-profit.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by -A10101P- on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 pm
([msg=68191]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:I think that was the funniest way of telling me I could use the search function. I did some searching around though; What I did find was they have an A+ with the BBB, but the schools are in there individually, so I don't think it's entirely a fair score. They are accredited by the BBB also. I have read a lot of mixed reviews though, so it's really confusing. I am thinking that a Community College would be better, but I wanted to get an opinion from some people that might have gone there.

From what I've read, your skills and what you have to offer is more important than the school, but I have seen people that completely dislike it. The most troubling issue is that they are a profit organization, while other schools are non-profit.

Well most of the big schools and private schools are a profit organization and that's how private schools get their funds while most community colleges get their funds from the government well that's what i have been told at least, but yes itt-tec is not a bad school if your going to study something like information system security because their is not alot of schools that would offer you a bachelors in cyber-security but most offer computer science
"Trust no one, believe nothing"
-A10101P-
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:13 pm
([msg=68195]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

I did some reading about then and have found prominently poor reviews.
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am
([msg=68224]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

I don't know much about ITT-tec but I do want to throw in a bit of my opinion on education. I see a *lot* of people get discouraged from pursuing their goals in this field because they aren't confident they are finding the "best" school. Let me say something; where you get your education in this field is in all honesty hardly important. Skill is what makes your resume in this game. If I were you I would look at the convenience of the school. You don't work for the school. You have to make the school work for you. Are the classes offered something you want to learn? Are the requirements reasonable for the degree or will it force you into a direction you do not wish to go? Is tuition unreasonably over priced? Will they accept your credits you already have (if any)? You learn and progress so much further when you dive into what you enjoy instead of just playing the college game.

Side note: there are some very bad schools out there to rip you off. So don't take what I said as advice to pick a school nobody has ever heard of.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 am
([msg=68228]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

To add on to what limdis said about skills. It really is more about skill than education. Education can get your foot into certain doors, but skill goes a lot further. Not to mention once you leave school and go to a new job, you find that school really didn't prepare you much. Your job will want things done their way, not how you were taught in school. Many people with 4 year degrees from good schools around where I live come out and are pretty clueless because they did enough to pass the courses but either weren't passionate enough about it or just didn't soak up the knowledge enough. I've also seen people who didn't go to College and were basically all self taught that knew their shit. The work you learn in school isn't in the same real world context as you will learn it on the job. Just keep that in mind.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:54 pm
([msg=68234]see Re: ITT-tec[/msg])

Thank you, I decided against ITT-tec because their tuition was scary high, and I could go to.a university for half the cost.
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Return to Off-Topic