IPAA

Current events and political views (It's not liberal vs conservative , it's better versus worse!)

IPAA

Post by olichip on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm
([msg=68078]see IPAA[/msg])

Ok, so there's this new bill the US government is trying to pass called "Intellectual Property Attache Act" it looks a lot like SOPA and it would strengthen the copyright laws so I thought maybe it would make a good article for the news section.
Here's a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-cS3ho5sw&feature=g-all-c
olichip
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: IPAA

Post by WallShadow on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 pm
([msg=68079]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

I'm not surprised. Personally I'm tired of all this shit from the government. Btw, you missed by an entire forum, this is the comments and suggestions forum.
WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 am
([msg=68080]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

I don't think users can post in the news section.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by limdis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am
([msg=68089]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

Nah the News section is specifically reserved for HTS news. As far as I have always seen it anyway. Outside news articles usually just get thrown in General.

EDIT: Users are now able to reply to News threads that have not been locked.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm
([msg=68093]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

I agree, I'm pretty sick and tired of fighting all of these governments. We just need to pass a constitutional amendment baring laws such as these.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by wan26 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm
([msg=68099]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

While governments in democracies have to and do create legislation around business and are inevitably concerned on any matter regarding its economy, a healthy democracy should show an obvious separation from state, corporations and businesses.

Although now, it seems a modern democracy even in war-time is more inclined to respond to the needs of companies rather than the populous as a whole. Probably because they pay in more tax. And while I'm not against protections for copyright material, I think it's an abuse of the system to use its power against its own citizens to make sure your company is fully protected, and by fully I mean these insane penalties they expect to impose on people.

Each time a new bill is brought forward like this it makes me question what they think matters most and what their priorities are... health, defence, the rights of the people, how about freedom? No it seems to be none of these, it seems to be the bucks Hollywood brings in and other major players alike.

And I can see why someone would say that is arrogant, but lets say it is not their priority, the former list is... that's ok, yet wouldn’t much more time be better served with those priorities instead of saturating the process of government with proposals for such legislation time after time?
wan26
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:38 pm
([msg=68107]see Re: IPAA[/msg])

These bs acts will keep coming up because the Gov. doesn't have the smarter people and know how technically to deal with current internet issues. So they will try to bend the leverage toward their behalf.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to Politics