http://anonnews.org/press/item/1570/
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: LulzSec

Post by centip3de on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:33 pm
([msg=67489]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Just came across this article recently.

Huh... This is one of the reasons you don't do what he did. Either way, wish him the best.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by hellow533 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11 pm
([msg=67490]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Just came across this article recently.

Not really big on the whole "hacktivist" thing...
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anarchy420x on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:42 am
([msg=68046]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

Hammond's next court date is coming up shortly; I wonder how this will turn out. According to this article, it is july 23.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/14/jeremy-hammond-pleads-not-guilty-hacking_n_1515181.html
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 am
([msg=68047]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:Hammond's next court date is coming up shortly; I wonder how this will turn out. According to this article, it is july 23.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/14/jeremy-hammond-pleads-not-guilty-hacking_n_1515181.html

Nice find. I remembered it was this month but totally forgot as of recent. I honestly hope he doesn't get the full sentence. Glad to see he is reading, hopefully he turns his life around after this. He should do like Kevin Mitnick did and use his skills to start his own business for pen testing. He's definitely one of those people who were born with it.

Quote from article:
Hammond's hacking skills, he told the Chicago Reader he could program video games before he was 10.

Ownage in a box right there.

lolz. I also read an article when he first got arrested for these charges that he was writing his own databases at around that age. Not sure of the credibility of that, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

Source: source link

Note: There are two pages on that article. The page links blends in pretty nice with ads, just look towards the bottom for:
Code: Select all
Prev | 1 | 2

Quote from article:
He told the paper he was a "hacktivist" who sought to promote causes but never for profit.

I believe this. If anyone seen his picture when he was arrested you could tell this was true. Not offense to him, but he was definitely focused on a cause, not to gain wealth. I know people will have negative things to say, BUT, if it wasn't for him this site may have never been started. GOOD LUCK.

Quote from anarchy420x's article
another time, he protested against neo-Nazi groups, Defense attorney Jim Fennerty said.

Is that where realistic 2 came from?
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by anarchy420x on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:11 am
([msg=68048]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

You might be right about that realistic 2. I didn't know Jeremy was a founder for HTS until I was reading one of Goadboy's forum posts. I thought I had recognized the name, so I did a little digging around the lulzsec arrest. I connected the dots and made my post, but I am really curious about the origins of HTS. In a post from protest warrior, they said that HTS was an underground recruiting site for hacktavists. I regrettably didn't dig into HTS in my earlier years or I may have known more about what was going on. Like I said, I am interested on this topic, so I am going to dig around. I'll post what I find in a new thread and if people have stuff to share, please do.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by RiptideTempora on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am
([msg=68493]see Re: LulzSec[/msg])

Hacktivist recruitment site? I don't see it. This place is just an educational resource, from what I can tell. :\
RiptideTempora
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Off-Topic