nes programming help

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

nes programming help

Post by deathwillcome800 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm
([msg=67861]see nes programming help[/msg])

Hello i would like to get some help on nes programming like:
-how to compile it *with instructions*
-how to program in 6502 assembly

and that pretty much it because iv been going threw google for the past 2 weeks trying to find out how to make my own game on the nes. iv already got the emulator and i got notepad++ the only thing's i need to know is how to compile and how to program in 6502 assembly. because i cant find anything for 6502 assembly programming language so i would love to have some help with that. and instructions or some tool to help me compile the game because all the compilers i tryed to use i have no idea how to use it and i even googled and read the readme.txt things and i just dont know so plz help me

and thank you for reading this X)
Dont dis the noobs you where 1 of them before
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: nes programming help

Post by centip3de on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 pm
([msg=67864]see Re: nes programming help[/msg])

deathwillcome800 wrote:Hello i would like to get some help on nes programming like:
-how to compile it *with instructions*
-how to program in 6502 assembly

and that pretty much it because iv been going threw google for the past 2 weeks trying to find out how to make my own game on the nes. iv already got the emulator and i got notepad++ the only thing's i need to know is how to compile and how to program in 6502 assembly. because i cant find anything for 6502 assembly programming language so i would love to have some help with that. and instructions or some tool to help me compile the game because all the compilers i tryed to use i have no idea how to use it and i even googled and read the readme.txt things and i just dont know so plz help me

and thank you for reading this X)

Really? The past two weeks? I did 2 Google searches:

Number one
Number two

Side note: 99% of all of your posts involve someone else doing a simple Google searches for you that could have been completed quite easily by yourself, it's getting annoying.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by deathwillcome800 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 pm
([msg=67870]see Re: nes programming help[/msg])

i asked if anybody new a instructions on how to use the compilers :/ because idk how to use them so yea that why i sayed

6502 compiler*with instrustions* :/ it came with instruction on how to use it but i dint even know what that ment because i guess im stupid so sorry for asking
Dont dis the noobs you where 1 of them before
deathwillcome800
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by anarchy420x on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:20 am
([msg=67883]see Re: nes programming help[/msg])

I think what cent is trying to say, is that you need to rework how you are thinking about your problems. If you want a compiler with instructions, then google instructions for a compiler. If it's hard to find, try an advanced google search. You would get better results from the forums if you bring what you found with you instead of just asking for people to provide for you. An example would be how I phrased my question in this topic.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by centip3de on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 am
([msg=67894]see Re: nes programming help[/msg])

Side note: I honestly don't think you're ready to do assembly, as you (from what I can tell through all of your posts) have really yet to master any other programming language. Assembly (any kind) is one of the hardest (or easiest, depending on your view) languages out there and would definitely be worth it's weight in gold to learn another language first.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming