Religion Debate.

For discussing religion and related topics.

Re: Religion Debate.

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 pm
([msg=67780]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

xor402 wrote:Dear anarchy420x , so romantic view about life, does the blood in your veins is too a sort of energy?

No, that is a purely matter and chemical reactions. There is energy found within and around our blood. The bonds that hold molecules together contains energy.
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Shryff_Fox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:15 pm
([msg=67781]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aka the Mormon church. We believe is that God is our father and He loves each of us individually for who we are. We believe in both The Holy Bible(both old/new testaments) and The Book of Mormon(another testament of Jesus Christ)

Me personally, I don't much like debating about religion because well God loves you as much as he loves me so I don't see much point in debating over that fact, I prefer to just explain what I believe, why I believe it and share personal experiences to that fact and let others do what they will with what I have shared. If you would like to learn more, http://www.mormon.org is where I'd recommend =)

Edit: Noticed that I said "we belief" -_____- so I corrected the mistake.
Last edited by Shryff_Fox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shryff_Fox
New User
New User

Post by nywiry on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 pm
([msg=67782]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:So yes, i am interested to know what your religious views are, also I'm in the mood, for a good debate.
Ill start I'm a Deist, as i see no evidence for any of the world religions.

The only I can comment on this topic and be in any way an believed by strangers is to relating my dealing with religious people in the 62 years of my life. I'm a black man spent 10 years hauling horse around the mid-west an southwest. I found dealing with weekly church attendees, easier - safer. I had fewer problems with Mormons as far as business goes they were to me, more trust worthy. Christians were a mixed bags, those that spent the most time in church mistreated me less. My dealing with atheist has been more difficult, For simplicity I lump with them, people that gave lip-service to not being religious. There is no way to guess where they come from in dealing with them. I found it not to be wise to believe what they say on even small things. It to me was like dealing with a Christian drug addict. As far as physical conflict goes I've only been really whopped once, that was by drunk Navaho Indians, that was an pleasant afternoon :cry:
I allow people to think of me as a Christian, Methodist if more specifics is require, I am not a weekly church attendee :roll: . This is my first post in the forum. That's all for what its worth.
nywiry
New User
New User

Post by mShred on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm
([msg=67797]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I have a hard time believing in the concept of religion... I think there are way too many religions for any of the to be remotely close to correct. Tens of thousands of years ago, people believed in many gods. Now, most religions are focused around a single god. In ten thousand years, it'll be something completely different. I kinda agree with cent on the fact that people need religion. They try to use it as their meaning to their own life. All IMO, of course.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:55 pm
([msg=67801]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

mShred wrote:I have a hard time believing in the concept of religion... I think there are way too many religions for any of the to be remotely close to correct. Tens of thousands of years ago, people believed in many gods. Now, most religions are focused around a single god. In ten thousand years, it'll be something completely different. I kinda agree with cent on the fact that people need religion. They try to use it as their meaning to their own life. All IMO, of course.

The hardest part of not agreeing with religion is finding out where you stand. Have you found that out yet?
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 pm
([msg=67808]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

I find that having a place to stand is almost no better than going with a religion to abide by. Though I hate to say it, some things just aren't meant for us to know. And I really hate to say that.
And besides, there are way too many conflicting factors for me to have one specific stance on the issue.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by anarchy420x on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm
([msg=67811]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

mShred wrote:I find that having a place to stand is almost no better than going with a religion to abide by. Though I hate to say it, some things just aren't meant for us to know. And I really hate to say that.
And besides, there are way too many conflicting factors for me to have one specific stance on the issue.

I was at church once, and the pastor said something along the lines of "not to choose, is a choice within itself". It's an interesting thought in my opinion. Your choice to sit in the abyss on this topic is quite contrary to what your intentions are because you are choosing not to choose. It reminds me of how I comprehend ; I empty my mind to an empty black void and let it expand until I stop concentrating. I actually followed a train of thought like yours as far as religion goes until I made up the one I believe in.
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by edone automaton on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 am
([msg=67815]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 pm
([msg=67831]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

anarchy420x wrote:I was at church once, and the pastor said something along the lines of "not to choose, is a choice within itself".

You know, that surprisingly makes a lot of sense.
edone automaton wrote:Image

Lol, that's fucked up. But true.

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Shryff_Fox on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:14 pm
([msg=67843]see Re: Religion Debate.[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:Image

Sadly that's true, I absolutely understand where this is coming. I feel that when Religion when not based on God will lead to terrible things. I personally believe that God and Science coexist, that God is the greatest scientist of all.
Shryff_Fox
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Religion