Visual C?

Discuss how to write good code, break bad code, your current pet projects, or the best way to approach novel problems

Visual C?

Post by xTractatorix on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am
([msg=67565]see Visual C?[/msg])

Right now I'm using Code blocks, for compiling C and C++ code. I intend though to start programing much more complicated programs, such that call up Win32 API calls, and i figure, if I'm going to be programing programs that will run very heavily on the Windows OS shouldn't i just use Visual C? I hear that when working with Windows related programing Visual Studios has a lot of support and articles, tutorials, etc on the subject. I also hear though that Visual C forms many bad habits in programing...
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Visual C?

Post by centip3de on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:36 pm
([msg=67566]see Re: Visual C?[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Right now I'm using Code blocks, for compiling C and C++ code. I intend though to start programing much more complicated programs, such that call up Win32 API calls, and i figure, if I'm going to be programing programs that will run very heavily on the Windows OS shouldn't i just use Visual C? I hear that when working with Windows related programing Visual Studios has a lot of support and articles, tutorials, etc on the subject. I also hear though that Visual C forms many bad habits in programing...

It does form a large amount of bad programming habits and if I remember correctly, Microsoft changed C in their own image which is why it's not just called 'C'. Anyway, any IDE can easily use Win32 API calls as their built in the language, not the editor. However, I would suggest using MSDN and other Microsoft related articles to start using hooks, DLL's and API's they made because the information is straight from the source, 100% accurate.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by xTractatorix on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 pm
([msg=67567]see Re: Visual C?[/msg])

Thank you, i really didnt want to have to learn a new language, just to do API calls :mrgreen:
xTractatorix
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 pm
([msg=67568]see Re: Visual C?[/msg])

xTractatorix wrote:Thank you, i really didnt want to have to learn a new language, just to do API calls :mrgreen:

Then Code::Blocks is for you!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Programming