Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Your friend is being cheated out of hundreds of dollars. Help him make things even again!

Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.

Post by mookalovesgloop on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:02 pm
([msg=69082]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

peace and blessings to all! :D
so i finally solved this ridiculously easy mission! and i'm sorry, i'm so sorry, i usually would be the last to put it that way because i personally hate reading through 20+ pages of a thread of people saying that what i'm bashing my brains out trying to figure out is super simple...but this one takes the cake, more so than even some of the BASIC missions.... if there is anyone in the world who is still trying to figure this one out, i will try to help without spoiling...mods feel free to put me in my place if i fuck it up...

okay so for starters--forget about php for awhile...do you know how to code a drop down box in HTML? in what way could you manipulate the form data in the ones on this challenge to help accomplish your goal??? think about it...thought about it? okay... now the absolute ONLY php knowledge you need to know the relationship of a particular php file to a particular command. and of course you'll need get that info into the proper *COUGH* *COUGH action *COUGH* *COUGH* to make this work.

finally, i leave you with this, very simply: a relative path changes the address in a url completely, while an absolute path just appends a file/folder/subdirectory to an existing URL....

i hope this post ties the clues (all of which are stated many times within the forum) together in a way that's a bit easier to understand...please know that i read EVERY SINGLE PAGE of this thread at least twice before i finally solved this mission...and look how long ago i joined...from one noob to another <3
em hotep
mooka!

PS i used chrome ONLY to solve this mission "inspect element" is basically firebug except that it comes built into the browser, of course there is always notepad, but as to that... i think the word is EYESTRAIN!!!
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by conscience on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:39 pm
([msg=69256]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:a relative path changes the address in a url completely, while an absolute path just appends a file/folder/subdirectory to an existing URL....

uhm i think you've mixed up the two.
nice post btw
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by prti on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 am
([msg=69649]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

i completed the mission with changing (2 things in) the source in notepad..
why couldnt i complete it only with javascript injection directly on the page (changig only 1 thing)?
prti
New User
New User

Post by mookalovesgloop on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm
([msg=69722]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

conscience wrote:
mookalovesgloop wrote:a relative path changes the address in a url completely, while an absolute path just appends a file/folder/subdirectory to an existing URL....
<br><br>uhm i think you've mixed up the two.<br>nice post btw

omg! thanks for catching that...did i mention i'm a n00b with a capital "00b" :oops:

also i think JS alone won't work because the data has to be retrieved from a certain place for your command to work, otherwise whatever you do is gonna default back to the original location...
peace
mooka
gloop!
mookalovesgloop
Poster
Poster

Post by goingtothederby on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 am
([msg=69817]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I just figured out how to do this (I'm guessing I did, when I did it went to a page that had a button that said "Go On", and after trying the test a second time it said I already did it. No "Success" or anything, so I wasn't 100% sure).

It took me about 20 minutes of thinking to figure it out. I feel like an idiot now, it's really easy and I know next to nothing about coding and haking -_-

All I'll say is, you need to take a good look at the detail of the code.
goingtothederby
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 am
([msg=69819]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

goingtothederby wrote:I just figured out how to do this (I'm guessing I did, when I did it went to a page that had a button that said "Go On", and after trying the test a second time it said I already did it. No "Success" or anything, so I wasn't 100% sure).

It took me about 20 minutes of thinking to figure it out. I feel like an idiot now, it's really easy and I know next to nothing about coding and haking -_-

All I'll say is, you need to take a good look at the detail of the code.

When you see the blue "Go On" button, click it. That means you've completed the mission.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by dextronaut on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:31 pm
([msg=70275]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

Yeah I just did it too! I originally opened this page for help but I figured it out first. Originally like half the people here, I tried changing the two places but upon refresh, they didnt stick. Im using Chrome, Inspect Element command btw. Then upon starting to read an article on SQL Injection for the next mission apparently, they were insisting on checking for <FORM> for exploits. i figured it out about a minute or so after that. :D
dextronaut
New User
New User

Post by Elemenophee on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:43 am
([msg=70447]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

nvm, did it.
Elemenophee
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:39 pm
([msg=70531]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

mookalovesgloop wrote:also i think JS alone won't work because the data has to be retrieved from a certain place for your command to work, otherwise whatever you do is gonna default back to the original location...
peace
mooka

I'm not sure what you mean by that, however, the only thing you need to do is tampering with something already available then send the data to the server. Simple DOM manipulation that is, thus pretty much feasible with JS alone. :)
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by TheJrAnarchist on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:10 am
([msg=70559]see Re: Please ask questions ONLY in this topic.[/msg])

I am clearly a noob.... all i did was edit the text, swapping the position of the bands their votes, and their descriptions by the text editing, and, clearly, it didn't save when i left, any way i could do this? Or am i doing it right?
Even if i am, can anyone give me pointers as to how to make the website overwrite my saves?
TheJrAnarchist
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to (Real 1) Uncle Arnold's Local Band Review