Developer Income Statistics

Random things go here

Developer Income Statistics

Post by acevic on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:16 am
([msg=67160]see Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

This.

Found this when checking out how much an Oracle dev earns on Yahoo! Answers. Pretty interesting source stating the income of various people in the tech field. There was this other site I forgot about that allows you to find out an estimate of how much you can earn with a specific skill set/certification/experience. Check it out.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Developer Income Statistics

Post by anarchy420x on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 am
([msg=67162]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

Interesting
A broken clock is right twice a day, however, I am neither up that early nor up that late...
anarchy420x
Poster
Poster

Post by mShred on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm
([msg=67269]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

Interesting find ace. That actually brings me to a question how many people actually want to pursue a career in the IT field? I mean, it seems reasonable that a lot of HTS members would do so, but I've actually switched gears. About a year ago, I was pretty set on pursuing that field, but my interests have shot more toward the physical side of security. Not saying that I don't have an interest for this field, because obviously I do, I've just grown to have interests that surpass it. So basically, how many people see themselves as actually going to the IT way for a career? Why, or why not?

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm
([msg=67272]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

mShred wrote: So basically, how many people see themselves as actually going to the IT way for a career? Why, or why not?

I do for a couple reasons. It's my interest and I paid a good amount to go to school just to have a degree in it. Even though most of what they taught technically I would say I mostly knew or could very easily have learned on my own. My last 3 jobs have been in IT. 1st was a basic computer operator nothing special here mostly tedious task, 2nd was tech support with some network/system admin thrown in there. My current one that I actually just got is developer which was a goal of mine. However, there is a saying that when your job happens to be one of your hobbies it's no longer a hobby. So we will see how that goes.

Just as a little side note though. There are many hackers who's day job has nothing to do with anything IT related such as truck drivers, cashiers, mailmen/mailwomen, strippers etc.... the list goes on. I guess it comes do to personal preference and if you want to do that for an avg. of 8 hours a day for someone else to get paid.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by limdis on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:39 pm
([msg=67279]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:...strippers...

Yep, make some good money some nights. :)
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:00 pm
([msg=67280]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

limdis wrote:
LoGiCaL__ wrote:...strippers...

Yep, make some good money some nights. :)

lmao :lol:
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm
([msg=67283]see Re: Developer Income Statistics[/msg])

mShred wrote:Interesting find ace. That actually brings me to a question how many people actually want to pursue a career in the IT field? I mean, it seems reasonable that a lot of HTS members would do so, but I've actually switched gears. About a year ago, I was pretty set on pursuing that field, but my interests have shot more toward the physical side of security. Not saying that I don't have an interest for this field, because obviously I do, I've just grown to have interests that surpass it. So basically, how many people see themselves as actually going to the IT way for a career? Why, or why not?

I'm hoping to go into the IT field, but not into the field of hacking. Hacking is a hobby of mine that I'd like to keep up for as long as possible, however, my current interests lay more in OS (Mainly Linux/ReactOS) development these days.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to Off-Topic