Finish Doxing Challenge?

Social engineering is the art of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery for information gathering or computer system access and in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu May 17, 2012 9:35 am
([msg=66395]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:Is the son of a bitch related to the doxing challenge or are we really trying to track down the son of a bitch, because I've put together a lot on that one.

lol. Have to wait for a response from limdis.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by limdis on Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm
([msg=66397]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:Is the son of a bitch related to the doxing challenge or are we really trying to track down the son of a bitch, because I've put together a lot on that one.

Son of a bitch is not related to the challenge. It was by coincidence that Capacx commented on the thread while all that was going on, and brought attention back to doxing challenge. Send me (or post lol) what you got. We were about on the same trail last I know of. I would like to pin it on DioGt's HTS account, if he even has one. If not meh. Both articles were deleted from his site, maybe he learned something. /shrug

LoGiCaL__ wrote:I think it would be fucking sickness in a box

Going to start using that lol
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by tremor77 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 am
([msg=66490]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

as far as DioGT goes, I sent you and logical some IP's to compare against HTS users... if he even has a user account. I think this was a nice little warmup for a doxing challenge.. and It made me think, a real doxing challenege shouldn't just be a trail of breadcrumbs on the internet... because as we find in practical situations, often times one is required to setup a phishing site, or perform some social engineering, to connect a few leads. So the doxing challenge would have to have a "live" aspect to it, meaning, someone or something, that could respond to an IRC channel PM or an e-mail to false account...
tremor77
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mShred on Mon May 21, 2012 4:35 pm
([msg=66502]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

That idea would be kinda like putting it all together. SE and technical knowledge. Now the only thing we're missing is the physical security aspect, which happens to be my favorite... :(

For those about to rock.
mShred
Administrator
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (2)

Post by limdis on Mon May 21, 2012 4:55 pm
([msg=66504]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

tremor77 wrote:as far as DioGT goes, I sent you and logical some IP's to compare against HTS users... if he even has a user account. I think this was a nice little warmup for a doxing challenge.. and It made me think, a real doxing challenege shouldn't just be a trail of breadcrumbs on the internet... because as we find in practical situations, often times one is required to setup a phishing site, or perform some social engineering, to connect a few leads. So the doxing challenge would have to have a "live" aspect to it, meaning, someone or something, that could respond to an IRC channel PM or an e-mail to false account...

Agreed this has been a nice warmup! Gave me some ideas as well. I already sent you a PM, but I'm nixing the write up for DioGt. With the refocus on the challenge I'm taking it off the back burner and making this thing happen already. I don't want him to get anymore attention, especially after the click begging he was doing trying to make money off of the articles that he stole.

Now as far as the challenge goes. I've bounced the 'live' aspect to it around a bit. I do not want to implement chat bots. I've seen some and they all suck. If a phishing site goes in it will likely be in the extended version. Remember as I mentioned before this first challenge is for basics. After that the goal is to expand the mission onto bigger/better and more comprehensive techniques.

I do want to open this thread up a bit though. The challenge is still in it's skeleton. So if anyone has any suggestions about what they might like to see let me know!
limdis

Post by limdis on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 pm
([msg=69868]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

Alright guys time to start freshening up on your dox skills. The challenge is nearly complete and will be going live VERY soon!
limdis

Post by centip3de on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm
([msg=69871]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

limdis wrote:Alright guys time to start freshening up on your dox skills. The challenge is nearly complete and will be going live VERY soon!

Woot woot!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by pretentious on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 am
([msg=69872]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

centip3de wrote:Woot woot!
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shibumi3 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 am
([msg=78952]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

I would love this.
shibumi3
New User
New User

Post by hellow533 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 pm
([msg=78956]see Re: Finish Doxing Challenge?[/msg])

shibumi3 wrote:I would love this.

This was from well over a year ago. It's time to move on.
“Teach me how to hack!”
"What, like, with an axe?"
hellow533
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Social Engineering