A Note to New Users

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: A Note to New Users

Post by Goatboy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:26 am
([msg=55054]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

bstro7 wrote:thanx goatboy

really good!!

It's good to see that people are still reading this a year and a half after I wrote it.
Assume that everything I say is or could be a lie.
1UHQ15HqBRZFykqx7mKHpYroxanLjJcUk
Goatboy
Expert
Expert

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by bstro7 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 am
([msg=55633]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

sorry i am new and like the forums
besides when your parents hate you then the forums are the only thing in your life.
bstro7
New User
New User

Post by Lord Truth on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 am
([msg=56713]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

DarknessXIII wrote:
acantho wrote:OK so you ban them - they could go set up another email account and if they have a dynamic IP like with AOL they could then get back in! Alternatively if they use a proxy they could use a new email and get back in that way !

So if they get back in they can do the same again, or maybe behave this time around, either way the perma-ban is circumvented.

Just wondering your thoughts on this and have you got a way to stop them doing as I described above ?

Great Post Goatboy

In my opinion, some ban by MAC address which is something like a indentification number, so normally unless one knows how to renew their MAC address they would stay banned on that particular site even if they are using a dynamic IP with AOL or using a proxy with a new email to get in.

Please correct me if i'm wrong one this Thanks ;)

I do alot of different things on alot of diferent mmo type programs, I've found that Second Life, InWorldz, Perfect World, Blue Mars, and now sometimes Runscape, WoW, VSide, and IMVU ban using IP then MAC, and as im told another code, something like a secondary mac that links to the computer directly, (the ladder not experienced by me first hand so I do not know if it is true, [about the secondary MAC thing for those who dont follow]) and I've got a few varying programs and bots that slip by and/or change the 'bannage.' Second Life and InWorldz are espescially easy given a few necessary pieces of knowledge. p.s. I am far from considering myself a hacker and am not trying to brag, just addin my 2cts to confirm that yes MAC is another way to ban, and is waaaay better than IP banning if you're looking for a good quality permaburn.

TL;DR
Yes, MAC Address is also a way, a better one at that, to ban people. ;)
The only way to protect yourself is to not build anything worth protecting. Isn't your true enemy obvious, sitexor???

obtw

V----V
biteme
^---^
Lord Truth
New User
New User

Post by TekJunkee on Fri May 27, 2011 8:35 pm
([msg=57792]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

Thanks for the heads up! Good post. :)
TekJunkee
New User
New User

Post by popeofdope666 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 am
([msg=60820]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

Thank you for this it is very usefull ! ! !
popeofdope666
New User
New User

Post by opiate master on Sun May 20, 2012 11:41 pm
([msg=66471]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

GREAT Post But I would love to hack my own site which is not illegal for one now
can someone please direct me in how do i make a website from start to finish so I can hack it :D
Im serious I really need help in the basics of making a website and would love any advice anyone can gimme
by the way i want to make a dynamic php jquiry optimized google friendly and all the other good stuff ive read so far
with GREAT SECURITY FEATURES :idea: :lol:
opiate master
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 pm
([msg=66473]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

opiate master wrote:GREAT Post But I would love to hack my own site which is not illegal for one now
can someone please direct me in how do i make a website from start to finish so I can hack it :D
Im serious I really need help in the basics of making a website and would love any advice anyone can gimme
by the way i want to make a dynamic php jquiry optimized google friendly and all the other good stuff ive read so far

You should check into learning some punctuation marks. Learn html, javascript, jquery and php. You will also need to implement a database so you can also try checking into mysql or something similar.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Mon May 21, 2012 12:25 am
([msg=66474]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

On topic:
GREAT Post But I would love to hack my own site which is not illegal for one now

First of all, learn English. Secondly, we aren't here to give you directions to ever little thing, especially with an easily Google-able subjects such as website creation. Thirdly, "dynamic php jquiry optimized google friendly" makes no sense. Sorry for coming off as an insensitive ass.

Off topic:
Replying to a thread that Goatboy made, makes me sad...

Long live the Goat, may his pastures be full of sunshine and attractive females (or males (I don't judge)). <3
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by opiate master on Mon May 21, 2012 1:06 am
([msg=66477]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

centip3de wrote:On topic:

First of all, learn English. Secondly, we aren't here to give you directions to ever little thing, especially with an easily Google-able subjects such as website creation. Thirdly, "dynamic php jquiry optimized google friendly" makes no sense. Sorry for coming off as an insensitive ass.

Off topic:

Long live the Goat, may his pastures be full of sunshine and attractive females (or males (I don't judge)). <3
:roll: :roll: Oh boy I guess I found the prick on the fourm.Well you do not have to apologize for being your self your just an ass,FYI the web including this fourm is for the world not for the US there are other languages you racist prick
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
...Also FYI YFR Iwas born and raised in the states zip 08862 if you know what that is idiot..When someone is new or they dont know as much as you dont offend them it makes you look like what you see in the mirror every day...peace dik
opiate master
New User
New User

Post by acevic on Mon May 21, 2012 1:31 am
([msg=66478]see Re: A Note to New Users[/msg])

opiate master wrote:
centip3de wrote:On topic:

Off topic:

:roll: :roll: Oh boy I guess I found the prick on the fourm.Well you do not have to apologize for being your self your just an ass,FYI the web including this fourm is for the world not for the US there are other languages you racist prick
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
...Also FYI YFR Iwas born and raised in the states zip 08862 if you know what that is idiot..When someone is new or they dont know as much as you dont offend them it makes you look like what you see in the mirror every day...peace dik

lolwut...

Dude, this forum is in English and we expect our users to write in clear legible English, no matter where they are from. I am from Asia and I don't have a problem with that and I don't see why you should. You are obviously retarded, speaking like a 6 year old. Cent was not being racist; he had a point. Whatever you wrote made no sense. It's easier for everyone if you learn to admit your mistakes and stop showing off your wannabe egotistic attitude by writing against older members of the forum. Thank you for telling everyone your zip code, I'm sure everyone will be impressed...

@cent...I miss goatboy too :(...looking at the ban hammer video now...
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

PreviousNext

Return to NZone