looking for a mentor.

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

looking for a mentor.

Post by Sairyss on Mon May 07, 2012 6:25 am
([msg=66167]see looking for a mentor.[/msg])

i'm looking for a mentor who would be willing to help me learn more about HTML and how it works as well as how hacking works in general. I'm new at all of this and would really appreciate anyone who could help me. :)
Sairyss
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: looking for a mentor.

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 am
([msg=66168]see Re: looking for a mentor.[/msg])

As something said by fashizzlepop....something along the lines of, "The forums are your mentor". Also irc.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by centip3de on Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm
([msg=66178]see Re: looking for a mentor.[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:As something said by fashizzlepop....something along the lines of, "The forums are your mentor". Also irc.

He also said, many, many, many times; 'We aren't here to spoonfeed you.' (paraphrased).

@OP: Hacking is about self-exploration and discovery. It isn't about someone taking you under their wing to show you the in's and out's of the world. You need to figure that out yourself.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm
([msg=66207]see Re: looking for a mentor.[/msg])

For ideas on where to start or your next project to even some help on missions and stuff like that is fine. If your gonna ask for help constantly to the point of nagging or things that you want the answer for but completely miss the point of what your trying to learn then you won't find much help. (AKA spoonfed)

Anyway, welcome to HTS.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone