I would like to have my missions progress reset

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

I would like to have my missions progress reset

Post by xPat on Thu May 03, 2012 8:20 pm
([msg=66108]see I would like to have my missions progress reset[/msg])

In short, I would very much like to have my progress through the missions reset to zero, or failing that, have my whole account reset, or failing that, have my account simply deleted so that I can start fresh with a new one.

The reason for this request is that it's been quite some time (over a year) since I've been active on this site, and I've forgotten most of what I learned while progressing through the missions. Therefore I'd like to start over and do all the missions again. I could of course do this without having my account reset as requested above, but for the sake of simplicity (for me), I would just prefer to start over.

Please let me know if this would be possible. Thanks.
Don
xPat
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I would like to have my missions progress reset

Post by limdis on Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm
([msg=66113]see Re: I would like to have my missions progress reset[/msg])

Its really more trouble that is worth to go through that. You do know that you can go back and do missions again after you have completed them right? I looked at what you have completed and you could go back in a day and knock those back out again. I don't think an account reset is necessary imo.
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by xPat on Fri May 04, 2012 3:57 pm
([msg=66132]see Re: I would like to have my missions progress reset[/msg])

limdis wrote:Its really more trouble that is worth to go through that. You do know that you can go back and do missions again after you have completed them right? I looked at what you have completed and you could go back in a day and knock those back out again. I don't think an account reset is necessary imo.

Yes, I understand that.
xPat wrote:I could of course do this without having my account reset as requested above

It is simply a matter of personal preference. It's not just that I want to redo the missions, it's that I want to redo the entire learning process here on HTS. While being already marked as having completed those missions would cause no material obstruction of my learning, I feel like I need a clean slate before I begin relearning. I understand this probably sounds a little strange; it really is just my own hangups.

I understand that it could be too much trouble to clear out my progress, which is why I'd be perfectly happy with my account simply being deleted, allowing me to create a new one.

Or I suppose that, without any effort on anyone else's part, I could simply create a new account and abandon this one. I'm not sure what the site rules are on that though - it's usually against the rules though, so I just assumed. I'll go look through the T.O.S.
xPat
New User
New User

Post by pretentious on Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 am
([msg=66139]see Re: I would like to have my missions progress reset[/msg])

xPat wrote:I could simply create a new account and abandon this one

Do that.
Goatboy wrote:Oh, that's simple. All you need to do is dedicate many years of your life to studying security.

IF you feel like exchanging ASCII arrays, let me know ;)
pretentious wrote:Welcome to bat country
pretentious
Poster
Poster

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat May 05, 2012 6:29 am
([msg=66142]see Re: I would like to have my missions progress reset[/msg])

Honestly, I don't see the need in any new name or abandoning this one. Just pick up where you left off and don't be so focused on your mission progress.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Return to NZone