Awesome Resource

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Awesome Resource

Post by rogueviking on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm
([msg=66041]see Awesome Resource[/msg])

I don't know if you guys have seen
www.cs50.tv

But it's Harvards intro to computer science course for free online. Someone on the forums showed it to me.

My question is how to navigate it. In what order do you open and read/view the files? There's a bunch of different sub topics and it's a little confusing.

If anyone knows that'd be super appreciated! Thanks!
rogueviking
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Awesome Resource

Post by centip3de on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm
([msg=66054]see Re: Awesome Resource[/msg])

rogueviking wrote:I don't know if you guys have seen
http://www.cs50.tv

But it's Harvards intro to computer science course for free online. Someone on the forums showed it to me.

My question is how to navigate it. In what order do you open and read/view the files? There's a bunch of different sub topics and it's a little confusing.

If anyone knows that'd be super appreciated! Thanks!

This link has already been placed in the announcements, and it seems fairly straight forward to me... What subject are you trying to find, specifically?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by rogueviking on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 pm
([msg=66058]see Re: Awesome Resource[/msg])

I just want to start from scratch. I don't know barely anything about computers. What order would I do it in?

What do I open first and what correlates with what?

Will it all be explained in the main video on the main page?
rogueviking
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue May 01, 2012 1:29 pm
([msg=66069]see Re: Awesome Resource[/msg])

rogueviking wrote:I just want to start from scratch. I don't know barely anything about computers. What order would I do it in?

What do I open first and what correlates with what?

Will it all be explained in the main video on the main page?

Then click on videos, and week 0. Everything else from there should be self explanatory.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Return to NZone