backtrack 5 is not good for me...

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

backtrack 5 is not good for me...

Post by frag0 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 am
([msg=65995]see backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

so a few days ago. i was going hacker pro! Xd and i installed backtrack 5 ...dumbass... i thought it was a program....
so now i have no windows and i cant play any games on it, anyway i have a vista computer to so i tried to find a download to , i dont know .. windows. iso "windows 7 home premium"
so sorry for being dumb and posting it but i have been trying alot and i cant find anything. yes i asked windows but they do not offer help att all. and yes i tried google as many seem to like.. i just want to fix my comp , because i just got it.

thx for response guys!
frag0
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 am
([msg=65996]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

If you just got your comp you may have a windows install cd that came with it where you can re-install. Other than that your best bet is going to be d/l a pirated version of windows and who knows what else along with it. You should have tried the live cd version this way you could just start backtrack and use it without installing.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by frag0 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 am
([msg=65997]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

in my country they stopped giving out boot cd's five years ago, and what im looking for is maybe someone who know a good link to a windows download, and without viruses. btw thx for fast response logical! :D
frag0
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:12 am
([msg=65999]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

Did you completely reformat the hard drive or did you unknowingly dual boot? It would give you an option to choose what OS you wanted to start during boot up so I'm guessing that is not the case. From the looks of it you painted yourself into a corner. You can try calling the manufacturer and see if your pc is still under warranty since you just got it. Just explain the situation to them and see if they can send you a recovery/install cd.

-- Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:16 am --

Just had another quick thought. This is a shot in the dark however. You can try to d/l hirens boot cd http://www.hirensbootcd.org/ . There is a tool on there where you can recover lost partitions. It may or may not work, I've had it work a couple times for me. Hopefully it can find the partition with your windows OS installation.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by frag0 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 pm
([msg=66000]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

thx im gonna try it now
wish me luck!
frag0
New User
New User

Post by edone automaton on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:06 pm
([msg=66010]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

if you can accidentally format your HDD and install another OS without realising, maybe messing with hacked copies of Windows isnt for you? there are often steps to take or tasks to perform above and beyond those needed to simply install a genuine version. You might accidentally end up playing tic-tac-toe with some military super computer and unwittingly bring the world to the brink of nuclear devastation.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
-Bruce Lee
edone automaton
Poster
Poster

Post by limdis on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:13 pm
([msg=66013]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

mother of god, I have never heard of someone accidentally doing this before. But I suppose it could happen. Can you tell us exactly what you did? From the point of download from the backtrack site?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."
"Drink all the booze, hack all the things."
limdis

Post by centip3de on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 pm
([msg=66056]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

frag0 wrote:in my country they stopped giving out boot cd's five years ago, and what im looking for is maybe someone who know a good link to a windows download, and without viruses. btw thx for fast response logical! :D

Side note: This is still illegal. If you want to go find yourself a pirated version of Windows, then you're going to have to do that on your own. If you want help recovering a lost partition, then we can help you.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by cyberdrain on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:05 am
([msg=68427]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

edone automaton wrote:if you can accidentally format your HDD and install another OS without realising, maybe messing with hacked copies of Windows isnt for you? there are often steps to take or tasks to perform above and beyond those needed to simply install a genuine version. You might accidentally end up playing tic-tac-toe with some military super computer and unwittingly bring the world to the brink of nuclear devastation.

Strange game...
Free your mind / Think clearly
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by -Ninjex- on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:11 am
([msg=69546]see Re: backtrack 5 is not good for me...[/msg])

so a few days ago. i was going hacker pro! Xd and i installed backtrack 5 ...dumbass... i thought it was a program....
so now i have no windows and i cant play any games on it, anyway i have a vista computer to so i tried to find a download to , i dont know .. windows. iso "windows 7 home premium"
so sorry for being dumb and posting it but i have been trying alot and i cant find anything. yes i asked windows but they do not offer help att all. and yes i tried google as many seem to like.. i just want to fix my comp , because i just got it.

thx for response guys!

*Face-palm*

I will not spoil this for you because it is illegal, but I will say this, I re-installed my os, Windows 7 Professional since my purchase did not come with a boot or back up disk, I didn't feel like sending my computer off or waiting for a cd, so I went and got a Windows 7 Pro .iso file for free. It is not the legitimate copy of Windows 7, but I added my verification key, and it works just the same, excluding simple irrelevant stuff like Windows Movie Maker, and others that you can install back for free.

Now I shall tell you this, sir; you must not have searched google very much or very well, because my .iso file came from one of the first 3 website hosts.
If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.⠠⠵
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
-Ninjex-
Addict
Addict

Next

Return to Operating Systems