noobie here

noobie here

Post by hackerchris592 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am
([msg=65984]see noobie here[/msg])

is there anywhere were i can learn c# and c++ by reading and doin both. pretty much like hands on
hackerchris592
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: noobie here

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am
([msg=65985]see Re: noobie here[/msg])

Well, it would depend on how much you can learn and retain information. If you are new to programming I would suggest picking one and sticking with it. If you aren't new to programming you may very well be able to learn two languages at once. The hands on part is key however. You can read until your blue in the face and try all the proof of concepts your confronted with. However, until you start programming on your own and using what you learned in a more realistic type of situation you will only learn so much.

To answer your original question, yes it is possible to learn by doing both. You need to determine if it's efficient for you. If you end up deciding to choose between the two I would go with c++.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by hackerchris592 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am
([msg=65986]see Re: noobie here[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:Well, it would depend on how much you can learn and retain information. If you are new to programming I would suggest picking one and sticking with it. If you aren't new to programming you may very well be able to learn two languages at once. The hands on part is key however. You can read until your blue in the face and try all the proof of concepts your confronted with. However, until you start programming on your own and using what you learned in a more realistic type of situation you will only learn so much.

To answer your original question, yes it is possible to learn by doing both. You need to determine if it's efficient for you. If you end up deciding to choose between the two I would go with c++.

i am a newbie
and out of c++ and c# wich would be easier to learn
EDIT: i ment i am the type that cant learn by just reading i have to do it also
my college i was in was a mostly reading school and i couldnt do just reading so i flunked out because of that
hackerchris592
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am
([msg=65987]see Re: noobie here[/msg])

If your set on learning either of these two then C++ is the way to go. It's definitely not going to be easy but hey, isn't that why your here anyway? However, since your new I wouldn't recommend trying to learn both at the same time it will only confuse you and possibly discourage you from sticking with programming. As you learn more and more it will be easier to learn other languages, that's why I suggest starting with C++.

Weigh your options here though. Check out some other responses and see what others have to say as it may impact your final decision. You should start off by researching both languages on wikipedia.org.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by hackerchris592 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 am
([msg=65988]see Re: noobie here[/msg])

LoGiCaL__ wrote:If your set on learning either of these two then C++ is the way to go. It's definitely not going to be easy but hey, isn't that why your here anyway? However, since your new I wouldn't recommend trying to learn both at the same time it will only confuse you and possibly discourage you from sticking with programming. As you learn more and more it will be easier to learn other languages, that's why I suggest starting with C++.

Weigh your options here though. Check out some other responses and see what others have to say as it may impact your final decision. You should start off by researching both languages on wikipedia.org.

ok im looking them up i know C++ is object oriented programming also called OOP
also i know about classes, flowcharts, psuedocodes, Gui, Loops, if statements, Uml and arays but i dont know exactly how to write the code with these
EDIT: i have a boook in from of me called Programming logic and design comprehensive

-- Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm --

LoGiCaL__ wrote:If your set on learning either of these two then C++ is the way to go. It's definitely not going to be easy but hey, isn't that why your here anyway? However, since your new I wouldn't recommend trying to learn both at the same time it will only confuse you and possibly discourage you from sticking with programming. As you learn more and more it will be easier to learn other languages, that's why I suggest starting with C++.

is there any free ebooks or pdf that i can download to get started with C++
hackerchris592
New User
New User

Return to C and C++