Help setting up the Tor Browser Bundle on flash drive (Mac)

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Help setting up the Tor Browser Bundle on flash drive (Mac)

Post by TheNaturalist on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:54 am
([msg=65847]see Help setting up the Tor Browser Bundle on flash drive (Mac)[/msg])

Hey everyone,
Let me start by sayin that im new here and really stoked to have found this website. Im a little concerned about online security so I have decided I should really get a Tor browser on my flash drive to start using when partaking in sketchy (not illegal, just sketchy...) internet activities on my computer and others.

Iv spent hours today trying to get the Tor Browser Bundle installed on my flash drive with no success at all. Its super easy to download it onto my computer and unzip the file, but when I try to open it it just immediately closes. Same thing happens when I put it on the flash drive and try to open it from there. Its my understanding, based on a post on the Tor blog, that the current Browser Bundle for Mac doesnt work properly. So that explains my problem... however I have read that older versions worked fine so I think my solution would be as simple as running a older version.

So heres where you guys come in, if someone could help me out that would be amazing! I am hoping that someone can either A) direct me to a older download of the Tor Browser Bundle for Mac that actually works, or B) give me some advice on how to make the current version work/what i might be doing wrong.

Help a noob secure his internet access, thanks!!!
TheNaturalist
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Help setting up the Tor Browser Bundle on flash drive (Mac)

Post by WallShadow on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 am
([msg=65869]see Re: Help setting up the Tor Browser Bundle on flash drive (Mac)[/msg])

WallShadow
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to NZone