Introduce Yourself  Topic is solved

A place where newbies can post without (much) fear of reprisal. All mission posts should still go in the applicable forum.
Forum rules
Older HTS users: Be nice to the new people.

NEW USERS: This is NOT the place to post about missions! Refer to "Missions" category.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by srstrud on Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 pm
([msg=66065]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hey everyone, my name is Scott and I am currently a "to be" sophmore in college majoring in information systems focusing on network security. I have a decent background in both computer and web programming but not too advanced. I joined this site in high hopes that I can learn a lot about security and hopefully make my college classes that much easier ;)

I have high hopes to learn lots and apply it to my field of study and hopefully can get some help from the forums here as well :)
srstrud
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Tue May 01, 2012 12:53 pm
([msg=66066]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

srstrud wrote:Hey everyone, my name is Scott and I am currently a "to be" sophmore in college majoring in information systems focusing on network security. I have a decent background in both computer and web programming but not too advanced. I joined this site in high hopes that I can learn a lot about security and hopefully make my college classes that much easier ;)

I have high hopes to learn lots and apply it to my field of study and hopefully can get some help from the forums here as well :)

Welcome to HTS, srstrud!! Congratz on finding the correct place to intro yourself on your first post lol. The forums are open for anything you have to ask and if someone can't answer your question right away someone in the active community is bound to help you. Try out the missions and check out the articles as well. Don't forget, google is your friend. Always check something you find interesting or even question on google as a jumping off point.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Flush on Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 pm
([msg=66146]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi!

I'm Flush (couldn't think of a good username because everything seemed to be taken, so I just started throwing random words at it. And I ended up with a toilet name. Nice. :D) and I'm here to learn about security because recent events have made me a bit paranoid. I have only very little experience with programming, HTML, etc. but I'm not completely hopeless (at least I don't think so).
I hope to learn lots from you here, and hey, maybe by learning to hack I'll learn to think outside the box in other ways as well.
There are no such things as problems, only opportunities for solutions.
Flush
New User
New User

Post by conscience on Sat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm
([msg=66150]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Welcome! You're in the right place. You'll soon forget about toilets and think about output buffering instead :D
Let him who has understanding recount the number of the beast, for it is a human number: His number is 0x029A.
conscience
Poster
Poster

Post by GENiUSr on Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 am
([msg=66291]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi Friends! :D
I am a 15 years old boy from India
I'm a student and a Web Developer too that's why i have a deep interest in hacking also!
I don't know anything in Hacking but it's my interest which had taken me to this forum :mrgreen:
GENiUSr
New User
New User

Post by acevic on Sun May 13, 2012 12:38 am
([msg=66296]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hi GENIUSr,

Welcome to Hackthissite! You have come to the right place. Feel free to browse around the forums and question to fulfill your curiosity. If you are already a web developer, I highly recommend checking out the basic missions and practicing your thinking skills. Those missions should get you on track as to how a hacker should think. Should you face any trouble with anything, feel free to post in the missions forum or drop me a pm. Have fun!
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.
acevic
Poster
Poster

Post by BSAM0089 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 pm
([msg=66399]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello everyone!

My name is Peter and I've been fiddling with programming since I was 15. Originally worked with the in-game scripting system for eAthena, an open source emulator, now I'm playing with C++, Java and Python. Just recently I realized I should do something with the knowledge I have so I joined hts and found a new calling. I really enjoy music, playing guitar, exploring the wilderness, drawing and photography. There's probably some things I've left out but that's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you all!
BSAM0089
New User
New User

Post by archolman on Thu May 17, 2012 9:39 pm
([msg=66403]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all.
In no particular order, I'm 61, retired, (f*cked knees), love Linux, (Ubuntu 10.04/Gnome 2.xx), old biker/hippie, tree-hugging political activist, office volunteer for the RSPB, BTO member, trig-point bagger, gardener, lover, cook.
I enjoy poking computers to see what falls off!
archolman
New User
New User

Post by LoGiCaL__ on Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 pm
([msg=66404]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

To the two previous posts, Welcome to HTS. You've come to the right place to learn and maybe even find new interests. It just goes to show you that everyone from many different backgrounds can be part of the community. Feel free to ask questions if your need a nudge in the right direction or help someone if you can. Most importantly, have fun.
LoGiCaL__
Addict
Addict

Post by Cooki3Monst3r on Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 pm
([msg=66453]see Re: Introduce Yourself[/msg])

Hello all!
I'm E.L., 25 years old. I work 1 job part-time for regular income. My second 'job' if you could call it that is to do freelance art for tattoo commissions when I'm not busy with other things. Eh, it all pays the bills in the end.

I've known HTML and CSS since I was 16, which started out as a way to have my own website to relieve stress when I was in high school. It's now defunct. I do help with the HTML of sites when friends ask to learn. I've always had an interest in hacking, thanks to a friend of mine, but never got around to actually getting into it until lately. I'm not particularly active, however, I'm told I have a TARDIS for a stomach, since I've been blacklisted from 5 all you can eat buffets.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn something here, even if it does take me a while.
~CM
Cooki3Monst3r
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to NZone