What Firewall do you use?

What's the best way to setup a home network? Why should I care about BGP?

Re: What Firewall do you use?

Post by cyberdrain on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:06 pm
([msg=64459]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

A long time ago one of the best free firewalls used to be ZoneAlarm, however after installing it now, it seems to have become a bloated, scare- and shareware. A firewall I use on a regular basis and is free is Comodo. Quite happy with that one and I'm also using Peerblock. For antivirussoftware I used to use AVG, until surveys showed that Avira was way better. But as said above, the only firewall you usually need is a hardware firewall, Linux and common sense. If you want to be totally free of any gaps in security just stay off the internet and never use media that might get infected :roll: So yeah, most default settings are usually good enough.
cyberdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Mars7411 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:37 pm
([msg=64463]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

I use the avg firewall. Questionable Offer

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's non-transferable
--tgoe
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by Nettles on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 am
([msg=65416]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

Whenever I need to set up a quickie for a business I'll set down a pre-configured m0n0wall until I can get something more permanent set up.
Nettles
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:18 pm
([msg=65429]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

Nettles wrote:Whenever I need to set up a quickie for a business I'll set down a pre-configured m0n0wall until I can get something more permanent set up.

This thread is over two months old, the OP is either gone, or got his answer. No need to comment on it.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by Sundavor on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 pm
([msg=65664]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

I personally like Comodo internet security. It has a nice GUI and is easy to use. Here is a link to look up and read about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Internet_Security . check it out see what you think :D
Sundavor
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 pm
([msg=65690]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

Sundavor wrote:I personally like Comodo internet security. It has a nice GUI and is easy to use. Here is a link to look up and read about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Internet_Security . check it out see what you think :D

Did you not read what I said above? This thread is dead. There is no need to comment on it.... So stop.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by tgoe on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 am
([msg=65773]see Re: What Firewall do you use?[/msg])

Did you not read what I said above? This thread is dead. There is no need to comment on it.... So stop.

Leave the moderation to moderators.
tgoe
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Networking