Which Unix?

There are many different operating systems; which one will you choose?

Re: Which Unix?

Post by centip3de on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:25 pm
([msg=63819]see Re: Which Unix?[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:I Have tried programming on a Linux distro, I didn't like it so much. And you can play almost all steam games on mac.

You not liking it doesn't mean it is easier on a Mac. You can only play 278 Steam games on Mac, out of most likely over 1000. That's a handful.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Blog: View Blog (0)

Post by Mars7411 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 am
([msg=63820]see Re: Which Unix?[/msg])

Well they also have an app center with lots of games.
Mars7411
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post by centip3de on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 pm
([msg=63826]see Re: Which Unix?[/msg])

Mars7411 wrote:Well they also have an app center with lots of games.

All Linux distros have had a similar (if not identical) item for as long as I've used Linux, called the (at least in Ubuntu) Software Center.

Do note that I don't use a Mac, so I have little to no idea what you're talking about. Though I tried Googleing it, no results popped up. So, if I'm pointing you in the wrong direction, I apologize.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -Rick Cook
centip3de

Post by nativelinux on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm
([msg=65596]see Re: Which Unix?[/msg])

I use Fedora and Debian. Both work great. Fedora is a bit faster even though I use GNOME on both.
nativelinux
New User
New User

Post by centip3de on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm
([msg=65599]see Re: Which Unix?[/msg])

nativelinux wrote:I use Fedora and Debian. Both work great. Fedora is a bit faster even though I use GNOME on both.

There's no reviving this post. Please don't necro.
centip3de

Previous

Return to Operating Systems